1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

ANYONE COMING TO CARDINAL CENTER THIS WEEKEND

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by BIGDON, Aug 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Don't you think you could combine all 3 recent threads into one??

Don

2. crusha

crusha TS Member

Don't you think you could learn not to open the thread if the topic doesn't interest you, you whiny b_tch?

3. traper130

traper130 Member

If the cardinal don't draw for banks it will end up like the KY state shoot was 4or 5 years ago .The ky shoot is coming back slow it takes time.I started seeing the trend getting started .Friends of friends getting the best camping and the best banks .I seen this at the cardinal this week.Tried to pull squads wed morning for east end no squads all the banks were taking by long yardage shooters .The little man is what makes the money for the clubs .We pay the bills .Keep setting the trend and just see what happens. The Cardinal is a great place to shoot please try to keep it that way." people are talking"

4. The Rock

The Rock Active Member

TRAPER130

Walked in about 2:30 yesterday to get classified, squadded and pay for today.

I asked for a open squad, they asked me where I wanted,what post,and said I could have my choice.

There are no bad banks. I have shot in all areas when I miss it's me not the background.

And as far as the OH state shoot goes they turned late entries away. So unless they put in a few more traps the attendance size is about as big as it can get.

Rock

Jim

5. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Charley; Any time you got balls enough tell me to my face. Other than that go back to sucking your thumb.

Don

6. The Rock

The Rock Active Member

Yep a real swamp.

The green stuff is what is known as grass. Sparta and Cardinal Center just happen to be the same age. But the real difference is not one penny of tax money went into it.

The skeet houses (yes thar will be skeet here too) will be built but not on the trap line. And the camp grounds are in full shade not on a asphalt parking lot.

Rock

Jim

7. The Rock

The Rock Active Member

A real swap here too.

And there are new air conditioned cabins for rent also.

Rock

Jim

8. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Rock, What do you call the camping that is in the Parking lot and at the state shoot most were up to their butts in mud. Why don't you just stop while you are ahead. By the way was it your money?? Where pray tell are they putting the skeet fields?

You are one of the few Ohio shooters that is a real pain in the arse.

Don

9. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Rock, What do you call the camping that is in the Parking lot and at the state shoot most were up to their butts in mud. Why don't you just stop while you are ahead. By the way was it your money?? Where pray tell are they putting the skeet fields?

You are one of the few Ohio shooters that is a real pain in the arse.

Don

10. JB Logan Co. Ohio

JB Logan Co. Ohio TS Member

Addressing the lack of grass at Sparta: There is enough water on the grounds at the WSCA (lakes), why couldn't a tractor pulled "water buffalo" (a large tank sorta like the tanks pulled around a horse racing track to water it) have been used to water the grass seed so the Grand wouldn't have looked like a dust bowl. Seems to me like a low tech answer to the grass problem. I understand that the grounds are huge but so is the problem of not having grass.

JB=Jerry Beach

11. motordoctor

motordoctor Shoji Tabuchi in Branson

Hello Big Papa--Find your truck yet or still wandering arounf. Motordoc--P.S. Had fun all week there. Great place to shoot and many fine fine people to mingle with

12. The Rock

The Rock Active Member

Donnie the $100,000.00+ motor homes tthat parked in the parking lot in that stuff,(we call it rain residue here they do not have it in IL) did not cause one of them to go the the hospital for heat stroke.

While it may have been inconvenient it was not life threatening. Some day Sparta might get a "rain" and half the population will drown looking up to see what the he## is going on.

And the shoots are doing something else that Sparta seams to have trouble with. They are getting more attendance each time. Last year at the Classic we had about a 1/2 hour between 100's. This year it was closer to 1&1/2 hours between.

The shooters seam to be having a good time outside talking to each other and not running for cover saying "hot enough for ya, Boy this heat makes it fun."

Rock

Jim

13. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

Just got back. This place is awesome, new traps nice buildings, bathrooms and private showers. The pool was nice for the ladies.

This place is getting better by the day, Attendance was up fifty pecent from last year. I'm impressed Fishbourn has done so much to create a world class shooting grounds.

Shannon

14. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Big PAPA; 1st off I don't know the exact number of squads on 16's championship day but it was a lot more than 90. At least the MTA has a campground what does the OSTA have?? As far as being towed out, in 18 years I have been pulled out once. As far as the crushed rock goes the campers ask if we could put it in at our expense and we did. If our campgrounds is such junk why is the majority of it on yearly leases. Your parking lot camp grounds had multiple cess pools(trappped puddles)out the campers doors. You had some camp sites you couldn't get in. Was it your fault, no - the weather. But then you are perfect so it shouldn't have mattered.

A minority of You Ohio shooters strut around boasting about your perfect facility when in fact you don't have a facility - Mr. Fishburn does. I compliment the man on putting his money into a questionable investment. You are guests in his house try being as humble as he is. You don't see him on here telling the rest of shooting world they suck and only he has the finest place on this planet to shoot trap. I truly hope Mr. Fishburn suceeds and if he does it won't be because of a few Ohio big mouths trashing the rest of the shooting world.

Rock; If you haven't been to Sparta, and you haven't, then you ought to keep quiet. By the way, shot with someone today who left Marengo because it was to hot 98+.

Don

15. The Rock

The Rock Active Member

You tell me which has the better shooter friendy place to shoot?

Here:

Rock

Jim

16. The Rock

The Rock Active Member

Or here??

They are both two years old now.

Rock

Jim

17. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Sorry I would rather shoot at Sparta. No comparison. You really don't know from your own experience. This debate is over and you need to get out more so might know what you are talking about.

Don

18. The Rock

The Rock Active Member

No need to get out more OH has I need and want. Never lost anything in IL no need to return.

And I have not experienced a heart attack either but I am sure I don't want to thanks.

Have a nice time there and make a trip often to shoot there. Not just at the Grand after all it is the best and only the best will do. You should make it your home club and shoot there often. All the best.

Rock

Jim

19. bubba at ohio

bubba at ohio TS Member

actaully it is theres till 2010 i think that is when the contract is up

20. bubba at ohio

bubba at ohio TS Member

i just cant believe we aint thankful for both skeet fields i dought it bank owns it i dought it big money in owning it i dought it why he did it not sure but it wasnt for the money

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.