1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

ANYONE BUYING GUNS

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by KEYBEAR, Jan 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

Is anyone buying guns ??   I,v seen some good deals on this site .  Nice Silver Seitz guns in the $9,000 dollar range .   Some nice Perazzis at a fair price amd Krieghoffs to .  But very little buying anyone pick up a new gun lately .    I seen the local club sold some nice new guns but also a lot of lookers .

ALF

2. mtg

mtg TS Member

Yes but most of the guns i see thy wont new price.

3. dbcook

dbcook TS Member

not many trapguns selling here in s e iowa dwain

4. B682GX

B682GX TS Member

I think more guns change hands at the shoots in May thru September, than in the Winter months.

5. kraiza

kraiza Active Member

I just got a Browning 525 20ga 30" sporter. I'll be looking for more before the years ends.

6. XXPowder

XXPowder Member

The winter is a bad time to sell gun, I know a lot of poeple looking for deals, A lot of people on trapshooters are asking almost new price for used guns, this is a buyers market!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

I have put my Silver Seitz on here a time or two with little response . I think guys are being cautious about spending money at this time . Maybe the spring it will pickup ??

ALF

8. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

I have bought a few, not trap guns though. I jumped on the AR15 market before it went crazy Stag model 2 post ban 849.00, smith and wesson AR 15 tactical post ban 1200.00, Stag post ban upper with stock and lower parts kit 599.00. Right now the AR industry is way behind, also many not produceing the post ban models. the S&W I bought used unfired and will go to the back of the safe. If you could find one they are 1500+ right now. Here in mass anything preban is 1500.00 or better and now isat least 14years old, personally I dont get it, who needs bayo lugs and flash surpressor or a granade launcher. Same goes for the AKs through the roof.

9. Tom Strunk

Tom Strunk Well-Known Member

I just bought a rifle in the past two weeks.

Will someone tell me what mtg is trying to say in the second post above ???

Tom Strunk

10. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

OK buddy, I'll cipher for you.

"Yes but most of the guns i see thy wont new price."

Yes, but, most of the used guns I see, they want new price for them.

There, now, did you get that rifle trigger fixed er what? Hope I helped some? :)

Hap

11. mtg

mtg TS Member

I should have Sid a used gun. shipping and transfer fee you can go to your local gun shop and bay a now gun.

12. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Yep. Just bought a TMX and an 870 tb.Going to an estate auction next week trying for 3 more. Bulge

13. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

I already have 10 or so Trap Guns, a couple of Sporting Clays guns anda myriad of hunting types plus handguns.....so what did I do?

This past summer, I bought the Remington 11-87 XCS Super Magnum Waterfowler (even though I only use 2-3/4" HD's). Did I need it? No! But I bought it and have used it for ducks/geese this season and it has worked great.

Will I buy another gun? Yes! It may be a trap gun and it may be a Seitz or an Infinity....haven't decided yet.

Curt

14. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

It is certainly not a buyers market on the colloctor forum. I think once you hit the 5 grand mark for a trap gun you already weeded out 75 per cent of your buyers and maybe 90 per cent. JMHO, Bill

15. mirage1

mirage1 Member

I agree with Bill Grill. High end guns are tough to move.
    Joe

16. Dove Commander

Dove Commander TS Member

grnberetcj, Everyone needs a small pond gun, a big pond gun, a river gun, a field Goose gun, a pheasant gun, a grouse gun, a five stand gun, and a sporting gun. And of course, how do you know what trap gun is the right one unless you experiment? Then you get into small gauges. Anyway, that's how it was explained to my wife.

17. VAMiket

VAMiket Member

I have bought and sold a couple of shotguns and may buy a Rock River carbine. What I really want is a LH Seitz with 35" adjustable rib. I figure if I am patient one will come along.

18. Tom Strunk

Tom Strunk Well-Known Member

What ??

Tom Strunk

19. rrrocketman

rrrocketman Member

I bought a high dollar used Kolar from Bob Schultz Target Shotguns last week. After contacting several sellers on this forum in the past several weeks about their Kolars for sale, Bob was far and away the most helpful and went out of his way to make the deal for me.

May have purchased one from a member here but most replies were rather terse and offered little in the way of information. In short, I wasn't convinced that they actually wanted to sell their guns. Either that or they need some basic salesmanship skills to close the deal.

Bob Schultz is awesome to deal with and I highly recommend him if you're looking for a new, or used, shotgun!

Rich

20. Lead Man

Lead Man TS Member

Just waiting for all the folks who have been over buying the black guns. Just like 09\11\01 about March or April I'll buy the deals. Not shotguns for now, too many of the others will be available soon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.