1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone Buy on Guns America ?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Perazzi Nut, Jun 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Perazzi Nut

Perazzi Nut Member

About to buy something on Guns America from a seller that has not yet sold anything. Any advice. Thanks

2. Unsingle

Unsingle Member

Well, be careful with this transaction. It is difficult enough when the seller has a record of sales, but first time sale is tough. I know everyone has to start somewhere, but be careful. Maybe try and go thru a third person (FFL) to hold the money and gun until both parties agree they are happy. Maybe a face to face if you can and are comfortable. I know I probably would just pass on the deal, but that is just me.

3. chemist

chemist Member

cost me 1600 in a scam sale- if it seems too good, be careful- very expensive lesson when I first started the sport and failed to do enough asking questions from those who have experience-

rich k- chemist

4. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

I sold many items on GA, bought a few too. You have to "buy the buyer".

Speaking of that, I got scammed on a watch forum from a seller who had 3 transactions. Spoke to him over the phone 4 times, heard his kids playing in the back ground, wife yelling at him, a typical family man selling a watch so his wife will let him buy another one. But my $5,000 went out of sight like falling into a black hole.

You never know.

5. kfbagt

kfbagt Member

I inquired about a gun on GA and the scam emails started rolling in. Some crap about a husband who just died and the lady was selling the stuff. Was an obvious scam. I reported itto the GA people but who knows if they did anything about it.

Be careful, paul

6. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Well-Known Member

I have bought and sold several guns on GunsAmerica. So far, no problems. I always insist that I can pay with my credit card. If they can't find a way to accomplish this; I will pass on the deal. I recently bought a Perazzi from a private party. He found a way to have his local gun shop handle the credit card transaction. I had to pay an extra 3%; but at least using the credit card gave me some sense of security. Good Luck. Ed

7. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

What Ed said.

I've bought a couple of guns on GunsAmerica without incident but I don't recall if any were through new sellers. If the gun is something you cannot find on another site, I would ask the seller for a telephone number where you can reach him/her and allow your instincts to tell you if you're speaking with an honest person or not.

Although they are very real, the scam stories you hear are a small minority of the total transactions on sites like GunsAmerica and GunBroker; most go off without a hitch and the couple I've had that didn't were quickly rectified by the seller.

In case you haven't discovered it yet, you'll probably find a better selection of whatever you're seeking as well as sellers with a track record on GunBroker.com. Just last week, I sold a gun and bought one on there and am about to list an S&W Model 686.

Ed

8. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

Ed, there is a guy on this site looking for a good .357 magnum. He has a thread started. Maybe you both can settle on a deal. He goes by "FIB"

9. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

OP deleted his post, strange

The thing to remember is you are not buying from Guns America or Gun Broker or ts.com, you are buying from the person on the other side of that ad or auction. Make sure you know who that is and that they actually have the merchandise.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.