1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone bought the new Remington 105CTI ?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by milkmaster, Jun 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. milkmaster

milkmaster TS Member

Anyone bought the new Remington 105CTI ? I curious to hear a real user review.

2. ec90t

ec90t Guest

Just do a search on this site. This gun has been reviewed several times.

ec90t

3. Orrin

Orrin Member

If you can find one with a stock that matches their catalog specs, let me know.
    All the ones I have looked at have way too much drop at comb. The catalog specs say 1 1/2 inch drop. The ones I've found have 1 3/4 inch drop. Way too much for me.

I bought one, sent it back to Remington to have the stock replaced with the correct drop, got it back not long ago. They said they replaced the stock because it was out of specs. Guess what? The new stock is still 1 3/4 in drop at comb!

So much for Remington customer service...

4. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

Just in case you're interested....doing an adjustable comb on a 105CTI is just like doing one on an 1100....easily accomplished....can even be made parallel, if you so desire.

Ken Rucker...Speedbump Stockworks

5. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

Besides bottom eject, I did not see a need for this gun. Ill stick with 1100s for now.

6. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Pity Remington put so much time, effort and money into this gun when they could have done some redesigning on the 1100 and 1187. Like changing the mag tube from soldered in to screw in, and the latches from swaged in to held captive by the trigger group, both like the Mossberg pumps. I like the 1187 and to a lesser extent the 1100, and see no reson to come up with a radical change like the 105CTI.

7. Steve-CT

Steve-CT TS Member

Having shot 1100s for over 25 years, I don't understand why there are no high quality aftermarket parts for them like there are for 1911s; Ruger 10/22s and
    AR-15s.

8. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

If the recoil is as advertised it would be a seller I bet.

9. JoeBerg

JoeBerg TS Member

My friend has one, waited six months for it; its expensive and very light, although the lack of recoil is remarkable. What this thing buys you that a 391 Urika Trap or Parallel Target, or even an 1100 Classic Trap does not, is a mystery to me - JoeBerg

10. lvshooter

lvshooter TS Member

Bought one from jaqua's as a field gun. Love it and did adjustable comb on it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.