1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone been shooting Perazzi MX2005 SR?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by sernv99, Dec 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sernv99

sernv99 Active Member

just curious if anyone owns/shoots the Perazzi MX2005 SR (short rib), the gun with the half rib a.k.a short rib and glove grip stock. It came out earlier this year. I know what the glove grip stock feels like as I have it on my 20 gauge. I'm interested in feedback on the short rib on on this particular gun.

Thanks.

2. ramorton

ramorton TS Supporters TS Supporters

Had a friend go to Brescia and have his made at the factory.

It is in Commiefornia at Dan Bonnias's shop.

Will be shipped to him Tuesday. He is shooting my 2000/10 at this time.

We'll see how he does with it.

He got the top single combo.

Roy

3. SilverShooter

SilverShooter TS Member

I am curious as well. There is some feedback out there about these.

If anyone knows of a dealer or rep who has one that be tested/shot for a round or two, please let me know...

From Hi Grade Shooters....

silvershooter_2009_210150.jpg

4. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

There is a well-known shooter (Mike Dupre, also a well-known innovater recognized for many developments in the sport) in So-Cal who shoots a half rib barrel made up by a well-known Perrazi factory gunsmith in Azusa. He had to go to that rib due to loss of his left eye. Fortunately, he is a righty with eye and shooting; this type of rib helps him a good deal as a now one-eyed shooter.

5. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

ramorton: Plese don't knock California. Governor Brown is giving each ATA California resident member a voucher for any American-Made single barrel trapgun next year if, and here's the catch, we pay our state taxes on time....really.....this is to help the economy's recovery.

And then I woke up. The dream stopped.

6. trapen

trapen Member

I have a o/u short rib glove stock the only complaint was no center bead with out bead had to keep fussing with stock after much frustation I put a small piece of toothpick and adjusted the comb to a figure 8 problem was solved for me love the gun

7. sernv99

sernv99 Active Member

trapen: how does the short rib work on targets other than trap targets? Have you tried using it for sporting clays?

8. wbill

wbill Member

Have not shot sporting .have shot doubles works well the short rib helps me focus on target

9. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

Gray's had 2 of them at the Ohio State shoot.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

10. dead on 4

dead on 4 Well-Known Member

I'm a one eyed shooter and have had a number of mid and high rib guns which seem to work for me.

Mike Dupre is a friend and as his eye sight failed he and a good friend began experimenting with a number of changes to his guns, adding a higher short rib is one of the changes they made. Changing to a short rib helped Mike improve his scores, especially on doubles. While Mike was going through the process of changing ribs, I had the opportunity to shoot his short ribbed barrels. I became intrigued with concept and decided I would put something together as the $15,000 or so Perazzi wanted for a MX8-SR with a glove stock, as sweet as they are was out of my expermental budget, way out.

I copied Perazzi's short rib, it ended up being a little higher than theirs because we attached it by clamping it to an existing flat ribbed barrel, I see now they offer two heights of their SR. I did put a mid bead which is at the very rear of the sighting plane. Because I don't have a companion stock for this high of a rib, I was forced to use fairly long comb pins to get the comb high enough on my existing stock to see over the rib.

The result, you can definitely see the target sooner and clearer and make a quicker move to it, but for me, becuase I haven't spent enough time shooting with this rib, I'm not yet comfortable on all target presentations to proclaim it's the best configuration for me. I'm happy the whole set up, 30" o/u barrel and adjustable rib cost me less than $1,700 not $15,000 or so.........

If your a one eyed shooter and have an opportunity to shoot the under barrel Silver Shooter has pictured above, do it, you won't believe how much it will improve your target view.

No question a short ribs work for some especially the Olympic shooters.

Surfer

P S If you shoot at Redlands, you're welcome to shoot my SR o/u

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

perazzi mx2005 glove stock