1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

ANYBODY'S KIDS PLAY SPORTS?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Fox32, Dec 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fox32

Fox32 Member

With High School and College football playoffs in full swing, does anybody have a son/daughter that plays High School/College or pro sports??? Tell us about them and brag some. Most all of us love sports!!!!

2. blkcloud

blkcloud Active Member

My 11 yr old daughter won the Tennessee SCTP state trap shoot for rookies last year..does that count??

3. Conn. Man

Conn. Man Member

We were very fortunate parents watching our daughter Jennifer shoot Clay target sports on the U.Conn shooting team and compete at the Collegiate Nationals at San Antonio Texas for three years.That was a wonderfull experience.The grand finale was she won the ladies division in Trap and won a free trip to the Grand in 1998.Since im on a roll,that year at the Grand she placed third place in the Ladies division in the Grand American Handicap!!!!Talk about proud parents,couldn't get any better !!!!!!!!.

Sandy & Paula Holehouse

4. Pocatello

Pocatello Active Member

My youngest son was on the US National Gymnastics Team for about eight years, competing in trampoline and double mini-tramp. He traveled all over the world, competing in five of the six inhabited continents. He won a gold medal in double mini at the Pan Am games one year, and he and his partner won a bronze medal in synchronized tramp at a World Cup meet. He injured his ankle just before his last World Championships, and did not compete. He was favored to win the Gold in double mini that year.

After he was done with college and competition, he enlisted in the Air Force to study Mandarin. In the enlistment process one part questioned whether they had ever been outside the USA, and if so, when and where. He asked whether they were serious, and they were, so he had to go back to reconstruct years of foreign travel with trips to places like Australia, South Africa, Japan, most of Europe including the Ukraine and Poland. When he explained that he had been a gymnast they were OK with it.

He is now out of the Air Force, fluent in Mandarin, and looking for a job.

5. jeffprigge

jeffprigge Active Member

Pam and I are getting ready to go watch Sub Junior All American Bobby Moore at junoir varsity B-Ball in a little bit , he also plays football wich has been done for a couple weeks . He is not my kid but I help him with his shooting .

6. Sigraph

Sigraph TS Member

Son (Shane Raymer) is a goalie on the Owensboro Rampage high school ice hockey team. The team is made up of various players from Ky. He also plays inline hockey here in Bowling Green as well as referee and goalie coach for 2 other players. He also plays on a traveling team from our area - the Vette City Stingrays. He's on the bottom left.
    [​IMG]

7. Patrick Haskins

Patrick Haskins Member

My godson is playing about everything he can. His highlight this past summer was when he was invited to pitch in front of the Cubs pitching coach and general manager at Wrigley Field. He was 11 then and is now 12. I guess they need left handed pitching.
    Pat Haskins
    [​IMG]

8. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    My son Sean played soccer for several years. My daughter Heather played soccer too, but didn't stay with it. She's now a cheerleader. Sean tried basketball and football, but they just weren't for him.

As for shooting sports, Sean also shot trap on and off for a few years. Both shot smallbore for a while. Heather has done some hunting, wants to do more. Sean hunts every chance he gets. Heather tried trap, but I'm not good enough to coach her. Need to get a good local coach because she has yet to hit a single target.

9. RFGA2

RFGA2 Member

I have had three kids play sports from grade school through middle and high school and one now playing in college. One of the reasons I shoot so poorly now is the lack of time devoted to trapshooting, and the amount of time watching my kids play. My son, Bobby now 23, spent many years at Vandalia in our motorhome. He went on to play HS football as the place kicker and Varsity soccer. Football won two NC Private school Championships and he holds the Charlotte Latin scoring record with 175 kicking points and a 52 yard Field goal. His soccer team won back to back state championships.
    Amerigo Pagliaroli would be proud.

My oldest daughter, Katie, now 20, is the starting goalkeeper on the Mt. Holyoke College Field Hockey team. She has started since the 5th game of her Freshman year and had 5 shoutouts this year. They were eliminated in their conference semi-finals by a team that went on to the Div lll National Champonships. Her college team is going to South Africa next summer to train with the S. African National Team. Hopefully after the Grand.

The youngest daughter , Erin, now 18 won 5 NC level 7,8,9, State Champoionships in gymnastics. Her highschool soccer team won back to back State titles and her Field hockey team made it to the State Final Four two years in a row.

I have enjoyed all the games, practices and overnights for their sports. Would I like to have had more shooting time, you bet, but all three have doen well because of sports as it keeps them out of trouble. My twp oldes tkids like to shoot but don't have any desire to shoot registered.

Bob Gibson
    Charlotte,NC

10. trapwife

trapwife Well-Known Member

Our youngest daughter, Sarah, played elementary, jr-high, high school and college basketball. Began her college years at University of Tennessee-Chattanooga, then transferred to Truman State University in Kirksville, MO. She is now a grad-assistant coach for the women's basketball team at Truman while she completes her master's degree.

11. RFGA2

RFGA2 Member

Karla:

Nice to see that someone in your family (other than you) has some talent!!!!

Bob Gibson
    Charlotte, NC

12. k810329

k810329 Member

my youngest son plays little league football and basketball.my middle son has played football,basketball,wrestling and track at the high school level.this past year he gave all this up except track to concentrate on trapshooting.my oldest son wasent much of an athlete but he played 1 year of football.

13. amboy49

amboy49 Well-Known Member

My son came home from his third football practice in the fall of his high school senior year and I could tell immediately something was wrong. As background it's important to know that he had been the starting quarterback since his fifth grade team up to and through his high school junior year when the team won the sectional title. Now, as a senior he was no longer going to be the starting quarterback. This decision resulted from the coach from the prior year leaving for another school and the "new" coach making the decision to start a junior that he felt had better QB skills.

When I asked my son what he was going to do, he informed me the coach had asked him to play free safety on defense. To somewhat shorten the story, the team finished the season with a perfect record and won the class state championship in the Hoosier Dome in Indianapolis. My son intercepted three passes in the championship game setting a state record and received the Trestler Award for mental attitude.

I had always assumed that "sports builds character." However, I truly believe more correctly that "sports reveals character."

14. oldgahchamp

oldgahchamp Active Member

My 17 year old Granddaughter loves Soccer. The last 2 years, her team, the Bloomfield Central School Bombers has been undefeated in League play. Last year they set a State record for goals scored. This year they had 13 shutouts and only allowed 3 goals for the league year. She plays defense and at the "Seniors Only" All Star game several college scouts expressed an interest in her. She also shoots a little trap in the leagues and this Thanksgiving she shot her first deer. She wants to go to college and become a Lawyer. Larry Evans

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.