1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Anybody want nto challenge me on 27 yard Dbls

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Dr.Longshot, Sep 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

I want to make something interesting who wants to challenge me on 25pr 27 yard doubles using 1250 fps 7.5s shell max.

Challenge me at Airport Gun Club, Lancaster, Ohio I have never shot them from the 27 yard line by myself but have in buddies years ago.

Put $10 bet on the side and the winner takes all or ties split, as many shooters who want to shoot can shoot.

Any Takers?

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

2. crusha

crusha TS Member

Cripes...you can never get enough of this, can you? Emasculating BIGDON in front of God an' ever'body wasn't enough. And now you're spoiling for another butt to kick?

You're just a big bully.

3. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

Sparta 2013, the grand. Oscillating doubles from the 27. Dr., name the price.

4. Straight50

Straight50 Member

No he can't get enough! Hes on a roll and looking for another challenge! Hey Doc, they are getting kind of testy over on the other thread you started about doubles being a one bird game. They may be ripe for the picking, and will accept a properly issued challenge if you goad them carefully! LOL!

5. Jerry Parr

Jerry Parr Member

Never done that.....sounds kinda fun......how do ya do it???.........Jerry

6. Dr.Longshot

Anything to get a shooting challenge going and the winner can or could take it to their next level.

Monotony is something that needs to be broken in ATA Shooting.

We might get this going this Sunday at Airport Gun Club in Lancaster, Ohio I am game for it if more shooters would join the ranks.

Loosen up BUZZ GUN and give it a try.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

7. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Go for it Doc. I've heard pheasantmaster has shot few birds in his time. This would be fun.

8. Dr.Longshot

Jerry Parr I have never done it as one man shooting done it buddy shooting 20 years ago.

It has been 20 years, I would say you just call for the targets like you are on the 16 yard line only you are on the 27, I heard Ricky Marshall and someone he was tied with moved back to the 27 to get it over with quicker.

Gary

9. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

JP, U oughta be ashamed of yerself!! :)

This could be a major shoot-out at the Grand, especially with wobblies!! Gary, U oughta take thet pheasnat guy up on his challenge, pay no attention to whut the Red Dot guy says?? :)

Hap

10. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

Were I in your area it'd be game on. But it'll be 1oz. 8's or nothing...I love 27 yd. doubles...

11. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Martin..you take one station I'll take the one to the left of Gary...I'll be using my 11-87 that has scored more headshots than a SWAT team with the flying empties..still game Gary?? : ))

12. trapshooteraa27aa

trapshooteraa27aa Well-Known Member

Yea maybe you will get as many as your buddy shoot got? You know the one that was gonna be the biggest buddy shoot in the world? hmmmmmmmmm

13. yakimaman

yakimaman Well-Known Member

I've shot exactly 3 rounds of doubles - all from the 16 and that was 18 months ago but I am bored to death standing around all day wating to shoot a round or two of hcp or singles and would surely get involved in stuff like this. But, my suggestion would be 50 pair - 100 rounds - one pair from each station starting at the 23 yd line - move to the 24, 25, 26, and finally the 27.

Gary, I've got a brand new XT combo I've never shot - and little to no doubles experience but just for the fun of it I'd be willing to step up to the line and see just how bad an ass whuppin that Whupp Ass gun of yours can give me. Hell, somebody's got to come in last - if it's fun, ain't no big deal.

Rich

14. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

Dr. L, btw, I'll just use light 7.5's against your rhino rollers.

15. noiceracing

noiceracing Member

Sounds like fun I'll shoot it with ya and I will be at this Shoot.

16. oskerspap12

oskerspap12 Active Member

17. Big Az Al

Big Az Al Well-Known Member

Longshot

bring it to Tucson and I think we can find a shooter or 10.

Al L

18. Itchyb

Itchyb TS Member

If you don't take yourself too serious, 24 yard doubles is about as much fun as can be had. Some of the old farts at the club bristled at it, but they are almost dead anyway.LOL. Then, do some 24 yard wobble doubles. It is darn sure challenging and a hoot if you just don't take it too seriously.

19. Dr.Longshot

yakiman are going to be at airport sunday? I will be there hope my shoulder is ok by then had to go to hospital this morning for the pain, I was in tears last night from the pain.

I got my stock back yesterday w/ Slick Slide on it.

Gary

20. Dr.Longshot

I am not going to shoot One Ounce #8s for 27 yard doubles.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.