1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Anybody use winchester super handicap power??

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Perazzi-Mx8, Mar 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Perazzi-Mx8

Perazzi-Mx8 TS Member

Does anybody use the reloading recipe that is winchester super handicap power, winchester 209 primers, claybuser wads, and STS hulls? to make 1250fps loads. i was wondering what bushing you guys use. i use a mec 9000G and it said to use a #21 bushing but that seems kinda small to me?
    Thanks

2. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

Ive loaded this powder.in the STS hull. Very dense powder much like Titegroup, Wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't the same. it shot well for me. I was using a Mec bushing #20. Weight powder with a scale to check drop.

3. Michael Jobe

Michael Jobe TS Member

Super Handicap is a very dense powder. I use a #22 or #23 bushing when trying to get the 20.9 grains needed when loading with Winchester components for 1250 fps.

~Michael

4. crew

crew TS Member

There is one Load right on the jug using all winchester components it calls for 20.9 grains to make a 1250 load. My mec bushing #22 dropped 20.7 with a mec 9000Hyd.Loader.. My crimps were a little dished in but I had a standard mec bar that throws a little lite as we know. I was using AA wads 1&1/8 oz. Iam staying with Green Dot.

5. fishguts

fishguts Member

I tried it but didn't like the dished crimps...I ended up using MEC #23 bushing to get to 20.6 to 20.9.

Wayne

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.