1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Anybody Use This Stuff?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Billster, Aug 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Billster

Billster TS Member

I'm a fanatic cleaning my guns and was wondering if anybody suggests Clenzoil? Experiences with it? Don't want anymore bottles of unused stuff kicking around this little apartment.

http://www.clenzoil.com/

Thanks
    Bill

2. wild turkey

wild turkey TS Member

I have used many products over the years and now only use three:

1. Shooter choice for the bore.
    2. Mineral spirits for all other metal surfaces.
    3. Rem-oil for lube and protection.

Nice thing about the mineral spirits is you can get a 5 gallon bucket @ Sherin Williams for about $25.00.

3. R_T

R_T TS Member

I have used Clenzoil and find it no better than Break-Free CLP. In fact, Clenzoil is a rather old product having been formulated sometime before WW II. There have been many advances made in the formulation of both cleaning and preservative compounds since then. Most any brand name gun oil will lubricate, and for corrosion/rust prevention I find nothing better than BoeShield.

Michael

4. Billster

Billster TS Member

Thanks for the responses. Checked out Shooter's Choice. Gonna give it a shot along with some mineral spirits.

b

5. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Clenzoil is the absolute best thing on the market to clean and protect your guns with and its good for a bunch of other things also ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

6. SirMissalott

SirMissalott Active Member

I guess I'll try it if it works I'll lay off the Drano!!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.