1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Anybody Use MagicJack?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by puablo, Oct 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. puablo

puablo Well-Known Member

Just wondering if anybody uses it? And if you do how you like it? Can you hook computer up to it for internet?

2. coling

coling Member

Works the other way.

Connect your computer to a fairly fast connection - probably DSL or faster - and then use the MagicJack to phone out using VOIP.

3. snowbird

snowbird TS Member

Mine is great when used on my computer that is on cable, it is not as good sometimes on some hotel wireless systems.

Terry.

4. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

I call from my computer to any phone in N. America using Gmail's phoning feature and it costs $0.

5. EuroJoe

EuroJoe TS Supporters TS Supporters

what do you do in case of a power outage?

6. bpratl

bpratl TS Member

I got rid of my land line and installed Magic Jack 2+ years ago and it work great. I have even taken it to Europe which works on sending but not receiving call from the states. It is a no brainer for the price.
    I usually take it on small trips so I can receive call from anywhere in the states and islands.

Bob

7. ImpalaBob

ImpalaBob Member

I'm with ljutic73 .... gmail phone feature is free! I have used magicjack .... but FREE is better.

8. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

Not free but I use Vonage.

Called ID and all that other stuff.

You can set it up to send unansewered calls to voice mail or your cell phone (or any number you desire).

When it detects the internet is down it will send the call to your cell phone (or other number you select).

9. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

I have a cell phone and living out in the country, experience more power outages than city folk. But my long distance plane with Telus (Canada) charges me 5 cents/minute anywhere in N. America and a 1 hour call to eastern Europe (Serbia) cost $13. So I'll keep what I have.

Ron Burr

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.