1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Anybody send their CG in for a free pit stop?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Dr. Honk, Jan 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dr. Honk

Dr. Honk Member

I shipped my Caesar Guerini combo back for it's first pit stop via UPS. My wallet was considerably lighter after paying UPS for the shipping and the insurance. The insurance is the killer.

Have you folks experienced the same thing? Is there a less expensive way to ship?

Dr. Honk

2. esetter

esetter Active Member

Ship is at the post office Registered mail. Every person that handles the gun must sign for it. I haven't had a gun damaged or lost yet and the cost is much better than UPS.

3. zinger

zinger Member

If your gun is already insured, then why would you pay for extra?

4. Jerry944t

Jerry944t Well-Known Member

Zinger brings up an interesting point. I have my shotgun insured by Sportsman's Insurance Co. Two years ago it was damaged when I fell. Sportsman's insurance paid every bit of the bill except the insurance on the shipping. They paid for the shipping but nicely pointed out that since the gun was already insured through them there was no need to re-insure it when shipping.

I was pleased as I could be that they paid for the damage and shipping so I gladly ate the redundant insurance charge. Great service from them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.