1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Anybody see the Tom Brokaw show 1968??

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by kelly andersen, Dec 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kelly andersen

kelly andersen TS Member

What a great show, I was only eleven, so I dont remeber alot of it. Watching the funeral train segment for Robert Kennedy with the thousands of people lining the tracks, makes me ask where has the unity has gone in this country?? It seems like nothing brings us together anymore. would anything today bring the response and national mourning his death did ???. everything is just to damn fast nowdays. Just curious what everybody else thinks.

2. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

I watched the show. And I remember 1968 well, I was 22 and out of the Marines/Vietnam less than a year. Daughter was born about 10 minutes after Robert Kennedy was shot. It was a hell-of-a-year. He (Brokaw) did a good job giving a lot of insite into "maybe" the most violent year in our history.

3. Post  2

Post 2 TS Member

Read his newist book "BOOM!" you will probably enjoy it.
    Post-2

4. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

I was on Berkeley Police Dept. from '61 to '66. Then to the State Patrol and was sent back to Berkeley on a regular basis during that time. I had very little interest in revisiting any of that period thanks.....Bob Dodd

5. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

It was a great show, I was 17 facing the draft lotto the very next year. I"m still here in the Chicago area where I've been all my life. I was at the riots during the convention and luckily didn't get killed or arrested. I was antiwar and anti establishment. The next year I drew nuber 5 in the lcuky lotto fo the draft, i lucked out got hit by a car at 15 and had sholder surgery it was touch and go but they gave me a 1S classification untillI turned 24 then made me 4F. I lost several close friends to that f@%$&*% war, guess I'm glad to be able to remember it all now.

6. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

I watched about half an hour and then I asked myself "why am I watching this left wing bullshit?", so I switched to something more interesting-----

John C. Saubak

WIA/RVN 1968

7. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Fred, right on!

8. hoggy

hoggy TS Member

I wanted to watch that show but forgot when it was on. Now I'm not sure i missed anything. It was the year I graduated high school and went in the military. Was not my best year to say the least.

9. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

I missed the show,
    I also missed the latter years of the '60's....
    Ann Arbor was a Hell-of-a Town...Berkley of the midwest.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.