1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

anybody own a chiappa

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by lovethesport, Mar 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lovethesport

lovethesport Member

feedback please

2. 870

870 Well-Known Member

I do, it is what it is. Inexpensive, but it seems prices on Brownings have come down a bit, and they are better quality. I believe the newer Chiappa's have better triggers.

I had trouble with extraction on mine that I finally determined was caused by someone dry firing it (I guess at the store?) and causing a slight burr at the face of the chamber. Just enough to grip the fired brass and prevent extraction. Easy enough to fix though.

I'd get the model with adjustable sights if I had it to do over again, I wasn't keen on filing the front sight, but it worked ok. Overall I like it, but I see there are some more inexpensive 1911-22's out their now and I'd check them out also.

They are supposed to be pretty accurate, but I haven't shot from a rest yet, and my offhand isn't something I'm going to blame on the gun.

3. Mike Battista

Mike Battista Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

The 1911 clones or the Rhino? The 1911s are "inexpensive". The Rhino in .357 magnum is in another class by itself. Feedback from my customers that have bought the Rhino is more than positive concerning accuracy and perceived recoil.
    Mike battista

4. AAtrap

AAtrap Well-Known Member

Pretty much what 870 said.Good nock around gun. I have one I'd sell reasonably. Shot 200 rounds through it.

Steve

5. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

They are made out of POT METAL, magnet will not attract to it, it is not Aluminum. New Retail is about $279 for them.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

6. lovethesport

lovethesport Member

sorry - should have specified---the rhino with 5" barrel in 357

7. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

i have one of their clones of an 1886 winchester levergun ..long octagon barrel in 45-70 ...it is excellent and well built and finished...plus its truer to the original than the brownings...no tang safety and no rebounding hammer...accuracy is excellent and the crescent metal buttplate lets you know you're shooting a real gun when a stiff load is shot...try one of my 405gr bullets at 1900fps and learn what power really is!!

8. Fritzboy

Fritzboy TS Member

No, but I have a yellow lab.

9. GW22

GW22 Active Member

10. MTA Tom

MTA Tom Active Member

This is the gun lovethesport is asking about, the 5 inch .357 Chiappa Rhino.

340-072med.JPG

11. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

What Ron said, the GSG is way better.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.