Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

anybody out there ever shoot like this?????

2K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  Big Az Al 
#1 ·
Went out to shoot this past Sunday, it was a little cold and the wind was about 25mph. Had an 88 average in doubles broke an 86. Had a 94+ average on 900 16's broke an 82. Broke an 78 when I had been averaging 87+ on about 900 handicap from 23.5 yards. I'm not sure what happened other than I shot TERRIBLE. Really disappointed. Don't think I was taking my head off the stock. Lowered my hold slightly, no difference. Anybody out there can you identify with me? Feel free to share your horror stories. Any suggestions?

#3 ·
Dont let it bother you. Some days your the windshield and some days your the bug. I think every single shooter in the world has had and will have bad days. It's just part of shooting. Even Tiger woods doesn't beat everyone all the time. I think missed targets are a good thing. Think about it, if you broke every sinle target you ever shot at, you would win every shoot you went to and eventually it would get boring and you would have to quit. So if you break a 92, without the eight missed targets the 92 broke ones wouldn't mean as much to you.
Jason

#5 ·
Alot of people won't shoot when the weather is bad cause they don't want to post bad scores. Well, your not going to be able to control the weather when you go to that big shoot, so prepare for the wind and learn how to deal with it.

You should purposely practice on bad wind days and make note of your adjustments that work. You will then have the advantage at the next windy shoot.

In the midwest, wind is part of trapshooting. You have to learn to feel the breeze on your neck (birds may be low or dive) and of course a face wind will push targets up. Watch what the shooter ahead of you gets and prepare for a similiar target. It's a thinking game too. Have to pay attention.

#7 ·
Yup-----been there, done that.

I guess we all have at one time or another, and prob'ly will again in the future?

One memorable (ATA) day I shot 99 in singles, won "B" class-------two hours later I took the line in the doubles and posted a 65. I dunno' what happened??

John C. Saubak

#15 ·
I was my worst enemy a month or so back,

Nothing lowly enough to post here but I dropped my doubles ave by 6 (thats the ave I have been keeping for the four years I have been shooting) and had A yard reduction HCP, but I got that back with an extra 1/2.

There is nothing like winning a class or an event, when posting a score in the 70's!

Working my way out of a slump, I can sit down now and converse in the same language as those shooters I know that have spent hundreds of $$$$$$$ taking ____________________'s trap shooting clinic, Although I propably spent as much wasting lead down range!

I shot a league score the other night, but wait that one doesn't belong here

Al

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.