1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Anybody make softside case for single barrel guns?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Anchorsteam, Jul 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anchorsteam

Anchorsteam TS Member

Anybody know of a 'soft case' for single barrel guns: BT-100, Ljutic, KS-5, etc.???

mk

2. philk

philk Member

I bought some cases years ago from Assault Systems and have used the longer ones for a bt and citori plus`s and shorter ones for hunting rifles and field guns. Best soft cases I`ve ever had, extremelly well padded and nearly indestructable. Don`t know if they are still around.

Some of the stuff you see in stores now is just junk.

3. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

Boyt makes cases up to 54", which should take a 34" SBT with the 1" extended ckoke tubes...

Jay

4. Ted K.

Ted K. Member

Very good soft cases are available from Orvis

(http://www.orvis.com/store/product.aspx?pf_id=2627)

and from J.W. Hulme

(http://www.jwhulmeco.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=72246&Category_Code=HUNTING_GUNCASE&Product_Count=0).

Hulme's cases are a little nicer than those supplied by Orvis, but more expensive. Orvis is presently running a sale on their cases - $129, which is a real bargain for what you get.

Ted K.

5. Anchorsteam

Anchorsteam TS Member

I was actually looking for one that allowed you to remove the barrel and stow the stock/receiver, barrel + forearm in a short, padded configuration. It would be more handy to store in the car than a long, zipper case.

6. Ted K.

Ted K. Member

Cabella's has the short case. Orvis also has them, and Orvis has them on sale:

http://www.orvis.com/store/product.aspx?pf_id=7134

Ted K.

7. high 2

high 2 Member

I`ve got one from Krieghoff. I don`t know if they are still available or not. Larry

8. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Boyt. I have 3. 2 for single bbl 34" guns and 1 wiht 2 bbls.

Check with JW hulme of St Paul too. They make a modified Mutton style that would work.

9. XP100

XP100 Well-Known Member

Uncle Mikes makes a soft case with 2 velcro closure compartments. Around 30.00 I don't think it will hold a 34" barrel. I have one in the shop. I will check.

10. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

Look at Bass Pro, their RED Head case that holds a single barrel break gu, it will hold a 34" barrel, I have it, appears to be the same case as Boyt but $50.00 cheaper.

Phil Berkowitz

11. XP100

XP100 Well-Known Member

Uncle Miles will not hold 34" barrel.

12. JLSO5

JLSO5 Member

You can find them almost everywhere Boyt, Beretta, Bass Pro, ect. They all have a slot for the stock and receiver, and a slot for the barrel with fore-arm.
    If you want the best go to REDOXX.com and call them to tell them what you want. I had them make me one that would hold 2 barrels and tubes. Tell them if you want an outside pouch and what type of grip, length, color, ect.
    You can get one from one of the above from $50 to 300+. You are right in that they are easier to carry and the don't slide around in your trunk.

13. Anchorsteam

Anchorsteam TS Member

...checking on Orvis now..;.

14. Anchorsteam

Anchorsteam TS Member

Here's what I'm looking for! Thanks guys...Boyt

TAKEDOWN CASE W/POCKET GC214WC $129.00

Click to enlarge
    Styled after our Signature series, this tough take-down case for your side-by-side, over/under, or pump/auto is crafted of 22 oz. canvas with harness grade leather tip, handle and sling. Solid brass hardware including a two-way zipper. A heavy-duty padded suede divider protects stock from barrel lugs. Specify small for barrels to 28", medium for 30" barrels and long for barrels up to 34". Features a padded exterior pocket for choke tubes and accessories. OD Green or Khaki.

Available Options:
    Color:
    Select to see color options
    Size:

15. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

If this is it. Thai si what I have. I like them a lot.
    [​IMG]

16. alfermann66

alfermann66 Member

I have a Boyt. It fell off the back of my Harley at about 50 mph, slide down the hiway and off the road. It got a few abrasions, but the TM-1 inside it was unharmed. I also have a Redhead case from Bass Pro. They both are take-down cases, but that's where the similarity ends. The Boyt is much tuffer material, waterproof with a brass vs plastic zipper and well worth the extra $27.

Buz

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.