1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

anybody load WST? Winchester super target?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by superxjeff, Mar 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

I just bought an 8 pounder of WST. Does anybody load this powder? What are your likes or dislikes? I have been looking at some data and it seems to be pretty standard trap load powder that is supposed to duplicate a factory winchester AA. Jeff

2. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

I works just great. I quit using it because I didn't like the smell, but the performance in all weather was excellent. But then, so is about everything else's.

Neil

3. quartering

quartering Active Member

wst is filthy. otherwise, i like it

4. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Liked it at one time but it's gotten too expensive. Of course, since I've switched to PB, Super target is cheap. Actually, it's the same powder they load in AA's, so if you like them you should like it!!

5. RLC323

RLC323 Member

I have used it since it came out. Since it is ball powder it is very accurate as far as metering through your reloader. Leaves a fine powder ash more likely to be noticed in cold weather. Good for 1 1/8, never liked it for 1 ounce laods.

6. poacherjoe

poacherjoe Well-Known Member

I shoot it alot for 1 oz loads.19.5 grains in an STS hull = 1235fps! It burns dirty but I shoot it in my break open guns.It burns alot cleaner in the 1 1/8 loads.PJ

7. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

It's a decent powder and you can closely duplicate some of the Winchester Factory Target loads with it. It is a very dense powder and works quite well in the newer Win AA hulls. I've had no trouble with it in colder weather and it gives pretty good consistency all the way around. My only dislike is that it is priced a little higher in my area, so it's not as economical as it could be.

8. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

4.4 grains with a 200 grain LSWC .45acp, makes a nice soft plinking load. I don't use it for shotgun loads. Wayne

9. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

Maybe I will use it for .45acp. I got an 8 pounder of it when I bought a guys reloading stuff. If anybody wants it I will sell it for 80.00 Plus freight. Jeff

10. poacherjoe

poacherjoe Well-Known Member

Jeff: You have a PM

11. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Jeff, I remember many great loads for .45 acp with WST...

12. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

I've been reloading with it since it came onto the market. It replaced, I think AA452, and they looved pretty much the same; silverish. I use it for both singles and 27 yards.

It isn't any dirtier than others, including the claimed "dirty powder" Promo. To me, 700X has to be the dirties, particularly if it gets close to oil or grease on the gun.

I just let the subsequent shell clean the barrel.

It does, as Neil mentioned, have a distince odor, but it's either that or the smell of Acetone for the others.

I just try to keep my nose out of it.

Whiz

13. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

Guys, I can't find any way that I can ship it to you and be legal about it so i am going to keep it or sell it locally. you have to have a special license to ship powder and primers and I am not getting one for 150.00 to ship an 80 dollar keg of powder. That kind of math only works for government. Jeff

14. daveship

daveship Member

hi jeff...i'm interested in the 8 pounder of wst...where are you located?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
how many grains of wst super target powder to use in 12 gage shell
trap load using winchester super target

win wst loads

winchester super target powder shotgun loads
wst 12 gauge loads
wst in 12 ga target loads