1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

ANYBODY KNOW THE TRUTH...

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Rastoff, Oct 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rastoff

Rastoff Active Member

Cerberus is not from Dante, he just used it. It comes from Greek mythology.

The firm you mention has indeed been buying into gun companies for some time now.

Do you have any proof or rumors that they intend anything other than capitalistic conquest?

2. vpr80

vpr80 Active Member

"capitalistic conquest" hehehehe i like that!

3. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Snopes says "BullShit"

4. minnship8

minnship8 Well-Known Member

Love Snopes...debunked an alarmist myth just today forwarded to me by a relative with too much time on her hands, about cell phones causing explosions in peoples pants at gas stations.

Why do people forward this stuff without checking it?

Chip

5. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

Snopes is all bullshit

6. BigM-Perazzi

7. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Anybody know where the Off Topic section is?

8. Calkidd

Calkidd Well-Known Member

Not only do I reply with the snopes link to the BS they are spreading, but I reply ALL so the rest of the recipients know it's a bunch of crap.

Bryan

9. ccw1911

ccw1911 Member

Snopes is ok until you get into anything political then their left leanings show up. Look into who is behind it. Truthorfiction.com is more dependable on the political subjects IMO but I do my own research when I can. Problem is Google puts their own clamp down on certain subjects. You have to use every resource to get to the truth.

10. BigM-Perazzi

which is?

11. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

<i>Look into who is behind it. </i>

And who would that be?

From what I understand snopes is fully supported by advertising revenue.

Even if snopes does lean left, they are one of the few who actually go to the trouble of investigating stuff.

Give us an example of one where they were wrong?

12. MKillian

MKillian TS Member

13. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

I agree with Barry. Put this crap in the area it belongs.

14. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

If I could read the original message I could jump right into this mess. LOL Sucks when the op deletes the subject.

15. rpeerless

rpeerless Well-Known Member

Bingo, Big M-Perazzi, I read the annual report and then some when I commented on the other thread. If I did more research I might have determined that Marlin was their weakest link to profitability, but I didn't have time to delve that deeply.

16. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

Don't put your hope in Snopes!!
    Don't put your HOPES in SNOPES

Posted on Friday, March 06, 2009 6:41:09 PM by rocco55

Subject: Info on Snopes.com Always figured there was something to this. They're the ones that said that this thing with obama's birth certificate was untrue. Now we know.....

For the past few years www.snopes.com has positioned itself, or others have labeled it, as the 'tell all final word' on any comment, claim and email.

But for several years people tried to find out who exactly was behind snopes.com. Only recently did Wikipedia get to the bottom of it - kinda makes you wonder what they were hiding. Well, finally we know. It is run by a husband and wife team - that's right, no big office of investigators and researchers, no team of lawyers. It's just a mom-and-pop operation that began as a hobby.

David and Barbara Mikkelson in the San Fernando Valley of California started the website about 13 years ago - and they have no formal background or experience in investigative research. After a few years it gained popularity believing it to be unbiased and neutral, but over the past couple of years people started asking questions who was behind it and did they have a selfish motivation? The reason for the questions - or skepticisms - is a result of snopes.comclaiming to have the bottom line facts to certain questions or issue when in fact they have been proven wrong. Also, there were criticisms the Mikkelsons were not really investigating and getting to the 'true' bottom of various issues. I can personally vouch for that complaint.

A few months ago, when my State Farm agent Bud Gregg in Mandeville hoisted a political sign referencing Barack Obama and made a big splash across the internet, 'supposedly' the Mikkelson's claim to have researched this issue before posting their findings on snopes.com. In their statement they claimed the corporate office of State Farm pressured Gregg into taking down the sign, when in fact nothing of the sort 'ever' took place.

I personally contacted David Mikkelson (and he replied back to me) thinking he would want to get to the bottom of this and I gave him Bud Gregg's contact phone numbers - and Bud was going to give him phone numbers to the big exec's at State Farm in Illinois who would have been willing to speak with him about it. He never called Bud. In fact, I learned from Bud Gregg no one from snopes.com ever contacted anyone with State Farm. Yet, snopes.com issued a statement as the 'final factual word' on the issue as if they did all their homework and got to the bottom of things - not!

Then it has been learned the Mikkelson's are very Democratic (party) and extremely liberal. As we all now know from this presidential election, liberals have a purposeful agenda to discredit anything that appears to be conservative. There has been much criticism lately over the internet with people pointing out the Mikkelson's liberalism revealing itself in their website findings. Gee, what a shock?

So, I say this now to everyone who goes to www.snopes.com to get what they think to be the bottom line facts...'proceed with caution.' Take what it says at face value and nothing more. Use it only to lead you to their references where you can link to and read the sources for yourself. Plus, you can always google a subject and do the research yourself. It now seems apparent that's all the Mikkelson's do. After all, I can personally vouch from my own experience for their 'not' fully looking into things.

Danny Simpson In God We Trust God Bless America!

I have seen this email before and checked it out on TruthorFiction.com, http://www.truthorfiction.com/search.htm , Your might go there and enter "Snopes" in their search box. I now use both "Snopes" and "Truth or Fiction" to check out the things I have seen on the internet. A good rule of thumb to follow is that the only real truth is God's word and all else is to be scrutinized from all angles. My grand pappy once said, "Use your common sense, it's a better guide than most anything else." He also said, "Common sense is just another name for the Holy Spirit."

Maybe SNOPES stand for

(S)ilencing (N)etwork (O)n (P)resident (E)ligibility (S)uits !

17. MKillian

MKillian TS Member

...and my father taught me that "Common sense" is just another name for things you've learned but forgotten where. If it was worthless when you learned it, it will always be worthless.

Mike K

18. minnship8

minnship8 Well-Known Member

It pretty much cracks me up when one political side accuses the other of having an agenda...like my side is pure and altruistic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.