1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

anybody know good training video for labs

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by bladerunners, Sep 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bladerunners

bladerunners TS Member

wanting to get in to training a little would like to know more about it and would like to start my new puppy

2. buzzgun

buzzgun Member

I bought a highly-touted training video for my Lab "Duke"...you can have it for cost of shipping.

...couldn't get him to watch it.

3. wareaglehunt

wareaglehunt TS Member

There is a lot of vidio's out there.Water dog is a good vidio easy to understand and shows you how to start training your dog at 8 weeks old.Then I would get top dog and top dog 11 also offerd by the richard wolter's series.These vidio's will help you out alot and give you some understanding.Once you watched these vidio's I would recomend everything though Mike Lardy ,Total retriver training,total retriever marking,collar cond with mike lardy,these are good vidio's but are a little more involed so I would start with the wolter's series that will give you a great start and you only need about 15 mins a day and it works.When you get to the point of force fetch and collar cond you may want to get some4 pro help this can be done by you but this is something that you really need to know what you are doing. If you have any questions just e-mail me I have been training hunting retrievers for years.Good luck Tony Here is a couple of my dogs<a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a><a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a><a <a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

4. melie

melie Guest

Do you think the Labs would sit still long enough
    to watch the video?

5. phirel

phirel TS Member

buzzgun- You should have first bought the video that will train your Lab to watch videos.

Pat Ireland

6. buzzgun

buzzgun Member

7. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

M R Ducks is correct. You can handle the Heel,Stay, Sit, Come commands. Start early (1 week after you get the dog)in your lawn. The force fetch and the more complicated commands require the right appoach, or you can actually retard the training of a good dog if you do it wrong. Find a professional trainer and get some help. It's well worth it in the long run. What they learn the first year stays with them the longest. "Heel" is always the most important command, and should be taught first. It is your control command. Good luck, it's fun to see them advance!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.