1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

anybody here shoot a Browning XS Skeet...

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Slugo, May 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Slugo

Slugo Member

if so, how do you like it? Looking at a 30" 20 gauge, myself...

8739050203_99f4284221_b.jpg

2. kcbullets

kcbullets Member

My son had one and shot it well. His was a 12 gauge. I shot it a few times and liked the feel. I believe they are nice guns. He did have trouble with the barrel in two places (where the receiver meets the barrel when closed) discoloring. No matter how much oil and cleaning, spots would appear overnight sometimes. We never figured that out.

3. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Wife owns an XS skeet in 20 and .410 GA!!

4. creek

creek Member

Several members at our skeet club own them and shoot them extremely well. I have an XS Special, which is the same gun, I use for sporting clays and wobble trap; It is one of the best out there.

John

5. StansCustoms

StansCustoms Well-Known Member

What's not to like? ... they are a wonderful gun.

I shoot a 30" 28 gauge XS skeet..one of a special run for Kesselring Gun shop in Washington. Pretty rare to get a 30" in a 28 gauge XS Skeet.

I'd love to have one just like it in a .410...but they are like hen's teeth.

Happy trails...Stan

6. single stack

single stack Member

I've shot a 30" XS Skeet (I have 2, a 28 and a 410) since about 2006. I really like the balance and swing. The guns really are pretty and a good value. Every one I know that has the 12 or 20 have had them tubed and love them too. The high post rib is a plus for me, although it's probably just a cosmetic nicety. I like to think it helps me keep my head up.

If I ever save up the money, I'm going to get a 20ga. Problem is I spend all my money on shells and range fees.

7. StansCustoms

single stack..

If you ever decide you want to sell your 30" .410 XS(or both) would you keep my name on file? I've been looking for one ever since I stumbled into my 30" 28 gauge XS.

Thanks..Stan

8. Claydotter

Claydotter Active Member

I have a 12 ga. w / 30" pipes. They`re very similar to the XT Trap , and are about bullet proof. Love the Parallel Comb.

You`re on the right track. Don`t get less than 30".

Regards , Pete

9. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Getting a 30" 20ga off layaway in a couple weeks...then it will be going to Tron for a comb job if needed

10. single stack

single stack Member

StansCustoms,

Keep looking. They are out there. There was a .410 XS Skeet on Gunbroker last Thanksgiving.

IIRC it was used, in good shape and went for about $2600. I lost interest when the bidding went above $1900. I assumed "paddler" got it.

Mine was $2400 new.

Good Hunting

11. EE63

EE63 TS Member

There is a 28 ga 30" on gunbroker now. Has been for a while. Just trying to help if someone is interested.

12. W.R.Buchanan

W.R.Buchanan Member

I have a 30" XT trap gun with the low rib. After comparing all of the specs the two guns are virtually identical.

All of the metal is the same. The rib is the same, The only difference is the buttstock and the finish of the wood.

The buttstock on the XS has a strait comb and XT has a Monte Carlo comb but the actual drop at the comb on the XT is only 1/16" different than the XS.

Also my gun shoots to POA so that is not a factor either.

I assure you the Gold XT on the sides makes aboslutely no difference to the skeets.

Randy

13. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

A club member shoots a XS very well at trap.

14. deercreek

deercreek Well-Known Member

I have been considering a XS Skeet in 30" for my sporting clays interest and occasional skeet. I just do not do as well with my XT at spt clays as I did when I owned my Lighting Spt Clays Edition in high rib, I could smash the hell out of targets with that gun, then traded it off for the XT...what a mistake!!!

15. StansCustoms

single stack..

I wish I had seen the XS .410, I would loved to had a chance at it. Maybe next time...please let me know if you see another one.

...and thanks EE3 for the tip. I have one like that ...or at least a XS 28 gauge...mine is not and ULTR XS as the description denotes. Need a .410 to match.

Thanks and Best regards...Stan

16. Barkingspider21

Barkingspider21 Member

I bought one from a seller here on TS.Com the reason I got it was to use it as a doubles gun in trap, if I do my part, the gun does it's part. I also shoot a round or two of skeet with it from time to time. Woody

17. Charlie Becknell

Charlie Becknell Well-Known Member

I have Browning XS Skeet , 30 inch barrels with double releases done by Phillip C. I really like the gun. I use it to hunt and sometimes for Sporting Clays. I mainly shoot MX 8/2000 for SC, which I purchased before I bought my XS Skeet. If I had XS Skeet first, I would not own MX 8/2000. Both are great guns but the XS is much cheaper.

Charlie

18. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

This is what they look like. The wife was offered $3,900 and refused to sell. If it was mine it woulda' been gone!!
    oleolliedawg_2008_03031112.jpg

oleolliedawg_2008_03031113.jpg

oleolliedawg_2008_03031114.jpg

oleolliedawg_2008_03031115.jpg

19. Claysmoke27

Claysmoke27 Member

The wife just got a 30" 20 about a month ago and likes it. Had to take 1/2 off the stock and added a pad adjuster. She likes it but we may add a comb to get the pad lower still.
    I think its a bit light but Im used to a tubed DT10.

20. ihlow5

ihlow5 TS Member

I have 20GA and 28GA (Kesselring) XS skeet. Excellent guns : )
    I became a parallel comb and semi high rib believer since i used them.

Browning added XS Skeet 28GA and .410 on their production list, since 2013 ShotShow. MSRP $3199
    I don't see them yet in the market.
    Check website. It sounds pricy, but I guess actual sale price would be lower.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
28 gauge xs skeet

browning xs skeet 28 gauge

browning xs special for skeet
for sale browning xs skeet 28
used browning xs skeet