1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Anybody heard of a griggs recoil reducer?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by huntinandhotrods, Jan 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. huntinandhotrods

huntinandhotrods Member

Does any body have any experience with a Griggs recoil reducer? Please give me your thoughts. I think they are made in Utah but I'm not sure. I looking at a BT 99 with one installed. It appears it slides on a wedge angle up and down with a spring. Sorry but I have no pictures of it.

Thanks Huntinandhotrods

2. ML

ML Member

If you want one, I have one laying around in ta box.

M.L.

3. ric3677

ric3677 Well-Known Member

I also have one..given to me to try and sell months ago.
    In great condition. 25 and you pay the shipping.......and yes I can take pics if you so desire.

It is said to take the cheek bite out of some guns.

Rick in Mt.

4. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Since the Griggs redirects the gun down upon shooting the gun would it be somthing only used for singles or does it recover fast enough for doubles? Its definately an interesting theory on its design. Not interested in one personally but i am interested and curious on its usefullness all the same. Web Site for Griggs above.

Matt

5. SirMissalott

SirMissalott Active Member

Hey H&H what kund of hotrods do you have?

6. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

They work for some shooters with face recoil problems!!

7. huntinandhotrods

huntinandhotrods Member

Thank you all for the information! I might see if I can shoot the BT first to see if I like it. I can buy the gun fairly cheap and thought it might be a good back up type gun.

Sirmissalot - Thanks for asking. I built a 36 Chevy Low Cab pickup that we take to a lot of shows. It has been a lot of fun. i will try to post some pictures later.

8. SirMissalott

H&H
    Please do I've got a 72 Chevelle that eats money & time!! LOL

9. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

You want to see something that eats money (gas) I have a 67 Plymouth with a 472 CuIn. Hemi in it ... Passes everything but gas stations ... WPT ... (YAC) ...
    [​IMG]

10. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

I have owned a couple of the Griggs recoil redirectors. They look nice on guns, the concept would seem to make sense. For me, I got a sore shoulder from using them due to the thin pad, as it does not offer a lot of protection. I tried different settings and could not find a setting that decreased felt recoil for me.
    Steve Balistreri

11. SirMissalott

[​IMG]

WPT,
    Yours makes mine look like an economy car

12. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Thats a damn nice looking Chevelle, what are you running in it ..? I got a line on a 468 BB Chevy, don't have any details yet but its supposed to be a good one ... Complete carb to pan and has the TTI headers ceramic coat headers with it ... I don't know what it came out of but will find out next week at the show ...
    [​IMG]

13. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Both those cars are damn nice looking. I had a '72 Chevelle but it looked nothing like that. Of course i was 17 yrs old and making $3.55/hr. It was green( mostly rust) with white roof and an oil leaking 350 4barrel. I'm jealous of both your toys.

Matt

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.