1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Anybody have experience with the new Win model 101

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by brent375hh, Mar 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brent375hh

brent375hh TS Member

I have seen only one close up. It looks of lesser quality than the old Japanese guns & had Beretta style locking bolts.

Perhaps somebody has put enough rounds through one to have an opinion?

Thanks

2. pullhit

pullhit TS Member

I have shot one since Sept 09 - Handles great - lighter than some - wish I had purchased 32" barrel. Made in Belgium. Used to shoot sporting clays also - So far, no complaints but have only shot 400 registered trap and 100 reg. SC - approx 800 practice - not enough to gauge sturdiness, etc. but very pleased to this point.

3. hrosik123

hrosik123 Member

Last year I was given the Select Energy Trap model. Plainly styled Winchester, but what it doesn't have in looks it makes up for in performance. Put at least 15000 round through it so far and no probs. True that this gun is made in the Belgium plant. I say save the money and get the Winchester Select Energy Trap model. Mine was 1439.00 on Gunbroker and has all the bells and whistles. Ported, backbored, adj. comb, changable fiber optic up front and nice white mid-bead. For the money you can't beat it

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.