1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Anybody have a Blue Book of Air Guns????

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by omahasportingsupply, Jan 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. omahasportingsupply

omahasportingsupply TS Member

0   0   0

When my uncle died, his wife decided to keep an air pistol. Now, she has decided to sell it. It is a Walther model 53, Cal 4.5mm with about a 7 inch barrel. It breaks open to cock it and it shoots rather well. It is missing the back of the adjustable sight. I am looking for a range of $ since we are a ways apart. Is there a better place to check this out? I have looked on several auction site but have seen little like it. You may PM me if you would rather. I will try and get the camera charged and shoot some pictures of the gun. Thanks for any help. Omaha

2. crusha

crusha TS Member

0   0   0

Om,

I know this probably doesn't help you a bit, but I was looking at this in a gun catalog the other day, and it had a list price of $250 in 1980~81.

For comparison, a Smith & Wesson K-17 .22 revolver was about the same, then.

For the right buyer, this could be valuable. I don't know if Beeman's is still buying things like this, but check there first. Then check Pilkington's (www.pilkguns.com...or something like that).

Don't rule out Walther collectors, too. This could fill a very nice gap in a collection, for one of those folks.

3. o3dave

o3dave TS Member

0   0   0

try here, www.yellowforum.com
    check the classifieds, this site has everything you ever wanted to know about air guns.
    Dave

4. omahasportingsupply

0   0   0

Thank You Thank You Thank You. I will check out the web sites listed. It has good compression still. I'll bet it still will make a cat move qickly....... Thanks Again. Omaha

5. WarEagle2017

WarEagle2017 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

go to this site , some info there

6. omahasportingsupply

0   0   0

It is the Bond gun. Great reading. I never realized that before you gave me the link. Drhuner, I went to your link and the Spike Guy from France put his pictures up. My aunt's looks like the pictures except for the black grips and the missing sight end. My uncle (now deceased) liked collecting German stuff in Chicago for years. The stories he used to tell about Chicago gun shows both makes me laugh (stupid) and worries me with the new incoming administration. Thanks for the Great links. I will try to get a pic up.
    Omaha

7. Mike Battista

Mike Battista Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0

This is from the Blue Book of Air Guns:
    LP 53
    - .177 cal., BBC, with SP system in grip, 9.45 in. rifled BBL, adj. sights with two sets of extra inserts, smooth blue (until circa SN 23,200) black crinkle enamel finish, brown or black plastic grips w/ Walther logo, wood cocking block, early versions with curved receiver back, later versions are straight, 40.6 oz. Mfg. 1952-83. Ref: AAG - Oct. 1991.
    Grading 100% 95% 90% 80% 60% 40% 20%
    N/A $350 $300 $225 $150 N/A N/A
    Add 35% for fitted case, blue and gray inside.
    Add 25% for fitted case, maroon inside.
    Add 10% for original brown factory cardboard box.
    Add 30% for original smooth blue finish.
    Add 25% for straight back receiver.
    Add 15% for barrel weight.
    Subtract 5% for missing sight inserts.
    Early versions of the fitted case are blue and gray inside; later versions are maroon.
    This pistol was made famous by appearing in a James Bond poster.
    Mike Battista
    727 410 5212

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.