1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Anybody have a 1911 in 45 ACP for Sale?

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by dannyw68, Feb 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dannyw68

dannyw68 Member

0   0   0

I am considering buying a 1911 in 45 ACP. I will mostly use it for target shooting and maybe some action shooting, not so much for carry. I would like to keep it under $1000 if possible, but have some wiggle room. The finish doesn't really matter whether its stainless or blued.

Does anybody have one that they are interested in selling? If so, please post pictures as well as a description. I do live in California, in case that makes any difference to you. I know that some people don't like to ship to California.

Thanks,
    Dan

2. vpr80

vpr80 Active Member

0   0   0

http://www.trapshooters2.com/webtv/cfpages/sthread.cfm?threadid=209813&Messages=2

3. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Dan, look at a Taurus PT1911. They come in blued or stainless (about $100 more expensive) and come with a lot of the stuff that 1911 owners like to add - checkered trigger guard and front and back strap, flared magazine well opening, rubber bumpers on the two magazines that come with it, good sights, wide skeletonized trigger and hammer, beavertail grip safety, ambidextrious thumb safety and more. Stainless ones were around $640 brand new the last I checked.

My son and I each have a stainless PT1911 and the only thing either has needed was a trigger job. The factory trigger is very stiff but $45 fixed them up.

I never was much on Taurus firearms - I always thought of them as cheap Smith & Wesson copies - but the gunsmith who worked on ours told us that Taurus has come a long way and the parts inside our guns were devoid of a lot of the tool marks he used to see on them. I read some good things about them and decided to give one a try as a birthday present for my son, who also was high on them. I liked it well enough to buy the second one for myself.

Ed

4. OldPshtr

OldPshtr Member

0   0   0

Friend of mine bought a Taurus 1911 SS. He really likes it. No
    problems with feeding several different type bullets. He mad
    because it feeds much better than his new Para Superhawg.

Doyal

5. 410 JIM

410 JIM TS Member

0   0   0

Danny, I have a nearly new stainless p-14 Para Ordinance that I will part with for $650.00 plus shipping. Has the box and papers and still has the warranty card I think. Jim

6. dcb_wvu

dcb_wvu Member

0   0   0

gotta go with the four letter words on this one! Colt or Para. you cannot go wrong with either one. springfield also makes a nice 1911, I would recommend the alloy frame, it is noticeably lighter. However, the colt and para above are steals!

7. dannyw68

dannyw68 Member

0   0   0

SX1666,

Which model specifically is your para? They have quite a few on their website that are P-14's. Does it say "Gun Rights" on the slide? Can you email me some pictures?

Thanks,
    Dan

8. Smok'n Joe

Smok'n Joe Active Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

I concur with AveragEd on the Taurus...they've come a long way.

New models come with genuine factory installed NOVAK sights.

9. 410 JIM

410 JIM TS Member

0   0   0

Danny, I'll get you several pictures emailed a little later this morning. I'm still moving and my guns are over at my other house. I have a don't-miss reload recipe and a couple of great sources for bullets(cheap and accurate) I'll share also. My reloads out perform any encountered at my local NRA club. The Para shoots really tight groups with them.
    Jim

10. KennyP

KennyP TS Member

0   0   0

For me the trigger is the most important component on a firearm. If it pulls like a mule you will never shoot good. My experience is with Kimbers. I just bought my second 1911 with this one being a Gold Match. The trigger is almost as good as my Kolar and it flat out shoots. The only thing you can do before you lay your money down is pull the trigger, make sure it is smooth and crisp. You can buy the entry level Kimber for under 1K.

11. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

0   0   0

Taurus has terrible customer servise,

I can't believe anyone would list them for top .45?

12. bow377

bow377 TS Member

0   0   0

Hey Dannyw68, I might have what your looking for, Where about in California are you. I'm here in the land of fruits and nuts also. E-Mail me so I can tell you what I have.

13. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

Shannon391 just curious- can you give us your specific examples of poor Taurus customer service

Was this on a gun you purchased new or one you purchased used?

I dont own one but just wondered what your comment was based on

thanks and regards from Iowa

Gene

14. oldgahchamp

oldgahchamp Active Member

0   0   0

I called Taurus for help with my Judge .45/.410 and the people I talked to answered every question I asked. They are OK with me. Larry

15. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

0   0   0

Taurus 1911's are one step above a POS. I've seen them with the firing pin hole worn out, every small part on them broken because they are cheap castings. You Taurus lovers must shot trap with a Baikal.

16. Sky Buster

Sky Buster Sky Buster TS Supporters

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

I bought a blue Taurus .45 Every thirty rounds or so, the
    thumb safety would work it's way out. Once it fell off. I
    traded it for a Smith & Wesson 1911. I found out that Taurus
    has terrible resale.

17. perazzitms

perazzitms TS Member

0   0   0

Here you go.....

18. BrowningPotato

BrowningPotato TS Member

0   0   0

Sig 1911s are decent but they are not primarily known for their 1911's, I would have no hesitations buying one though. May I recommend a Sprigfield MC Operator, it is, in my oppinion, the best 1911 for the money, it is everything I want in a pistol. I too am looking for a new 1911, not because my MC Operator does not satisfy my needs but beause I am a sucker for high end guns

I think I am going to go look at a Nighthawk Custom Today!

19. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Until buying the first Taurus PT1911 for our son, I was no Taurus fan, either. As I said above, I always considered their revolvers to be cheaply-made copies of Smith & Wessons. But Jason ran two boxes of ammo through his, one in fairly slow fire to get the sights aligned, and one box in rapid-fire mode to further break it in. I did the same with mine and both guns passed at least that brief test well and printed 25-yard groups that certainly were acceptable for a gun that would not be used in competition.

Neither of us consider the gun a collector piece. They are just a decent stainless steel 1911 with a lot of features for the money. Sure, if I wanted a 1911 of the highest quality and status, there are other brands I would consider.

Ed

20. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

0   0   0

If your Taurus needs a part and Miami has it your OK, They stock SOME parts.

Everything in Miami comes from Brazil by boat {delay 1].

4 Boats per year, one every 3 months. [delay 2].

The boats are docked and inspected by customs/ATF {delay 3}.

If your part is not there you must wait for next boat....

In my case months went by.

I know they are a fast growing company and sell many guns, If nothing else they keep the compitition on their toes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.