1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Anybody got an old Weaver Scope?

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by CalvinMD, Dec 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

If anybody has any old Weaver scopes they no longer use because of needing repair or service please let me know what you have and if you wouldn't mind sending it to me..It costs more than a new scope to repair and refurbish these but I have a warm spot for these old dinosaurs on top of my old lever guns and would appreciate you sending them along to me to be saved one day instead of trashing..please PM or email....thanks all..CalvinMD

2. Bill Hom

Bill Hom TS Supporters TS Supporters

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

Good morning, I have an old Weaver K3 if you are interested. My e-mail khom39@yahoo.com If interested,send info to where to send it. Bill Hom

3. Jimmyc

Jimmyc TS Member

0   0   0

May have a k2.5 and a v9. Have to check.
    jimmyc300@gmail.com

4. CalvinMD

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

5. trap906

trap906 Member

0   0   0

I've got a old 2-7x with fine crosshairs, elevation adjustment don't work, it is still clear though. wouldn't mind keeping it, but don't know where to get it repaired or if it worth the cost. I've also got an original weaver quick point. hadn't used it on anything, are these worth anything? the quick point seems to be in working order.

6. CalvinMD

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

If you want to keep it the repair place for them wants $250 for a repair and refurb ...so it comes down to you REALLY wanting it for sentimental reasons..you can get a new scope of much better optics quality for that kind of money..I fix what I can on my own and save the parts for the next wounded soldier

7. W.R.Buchanan

W.R.Buchanan Member

0   0   0

First Old Weaver Scopes don't cost that much to get refurbished, you just have to know where to send them,,,, and guess what? I do!

Ok guys here is the source to get your old style Weaver Scopes rebuilt.

Frank Ruiz is the man, and he used to work for Weaver back in the day. He charges about $35-50 to completely go thru a scope that includes complete dissassembly cleaning on everything, fixing any mechanical problems and reassembly with new o-rings and Nitrogen fill. Sometimes it even includes separation and regluing of the lenses if they are coming appart.

He is the guy Weaver refers all of it's old scope repair work to, and that's how I found him. He's a good guy to deal with, and is VERY reasonable price wise.

I am sending him a K2.5 which has lense separation going on, and a KV 2-5x Variable.(one of the first variables) they will be completely redone to new specs inside when done and I expect to pay less than $100 for both. Now this doesn't include rebluing or any exterior cosmetic work, and I don't know if he even offers this service. I think he has a substantial stock pile of replacement parts like knobs etc. But for a very reasonable price you can have the look of the old scope and the functionality it originally came with. Sounds good to me!

Weaver Repair
    Frank Ruiz
    1121 Larry Mahan Drive
    El Paso TX 79925
    915-593-1005

Call him first to discuss your needs, also this is for old style Weaver scopes only, no newer stuff. I'm guessing here but I think pre 1980 is all he works on. It's pre something?, he'll tell you when you call.

I hope this helps all of you who have old scopes you'd like to use, but need worked on. These are the types of Scopes you mount on vintage rifles! Not new ones.

Randy

8. CalvinMD

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

Thanks for that info Randy!...I only was aware of the guys in Oklahoma (Ironsight Inc.)that bought the old El Paso's service center stock when they closed..they charge a min of 75 bucks just to crack it open and fix only what needs repairing...for that refurb price they reblue purge with nitrogen and seal it and I think give you a change of reticle

9. Savage99Stan

Savage99Stan Active Member

0   0   0

Got an old K4 with the fine crosshair and heavy upright post. Seems tight, took it off a 99 Savage (duh!). What would you trade?

10. CalvinMD

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

Hi Stan...how about a set of Medium height Ruger rings made of stainless steel...came with a Mod 77 that I used high rings on

11. Sigraph

Sigraph TS Member

0   0   0

I have an old weaver D4 I bought about 20 or so years ago at a gun show at the JC pavillion in BG KY. I paid about 8 - 12 bucks for it and it looked like it had a scratch down to the base metal on the top. It also looked like there was a bubble in the glass, but it was a Weaver and I wanted one for a 22. I took it home - and found out that the scratch was actually paint and it scraped off with my fingernail and the 'bubble' looking thin in the glass scraped off as well. It's now on my son's marlin 22 buckaroo - and is the best 22 scope I've ever looked through. It came with dovetail mounts also and I'll never sell it. The buckaroo with that scope is the most accurate 22 rifle I've ever shot.

12. Bushmaster1313

Bushmaster1313 Well-Known Member

0   0   0

I had an old Weaver 10x that worked just great!

13. Savage99Stan

Savage99Stan Active Member

0   0   0

Have all the Ruger rings I need....thanks anyway. What I'd like is a 2-7 average to good quality pistol scope for my 30-30 Contender barrel, or even a 4X.

14. CalvinMD

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

Sorry Stan...I only have a silver NcStar on my Redhawk 44mag SS..I'm actually using the scope as a torture test...so far 100+ 270gr and 300gr very stout jacketed bullet "stopper" hunting rounds have been unable to unravel the little $35.00 scope that could!

15. dhg

dhg TS Member

0   0   0

I have a Weaver V-8 2.5 to 8 power, as you increase the power the cross hairs get bigger. Also the scope adjustments are in the mount not on the scope tube.This is Weaver base and rings.

16. CalvinMD

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

Yes I sure did Joe...thanks so much...it now resides proudly on my 1955 Model 336 Marlin 35 Rem caliber Sporting Carbine...its a natural...sighted it in with the new LeverEvo Ammo...Its a wonderful feeling to shoot a little bit of granpas history..I cant wait for my health to get better to take them for a walk in the woods where they belong...they may not be the clearest or brightest but they are nostalgic

17. CalvinMD

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

Thanks to Everybody who sent me some equipment and parts...they will be renovated and put to good use..If you need anything yourselves please contact me as I just might have what you need laying around somewhere!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
anybody still use an old weaver k4
old weaver scopes for sale
vintage weaver scope disassembly video
weaver d4 scope manual
weaver kv scope disassembly

weaver quick point

weaver quick point scope
weaver quick point specifications