1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Anybody going to Rend Lake Sunday?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by foghorn220, Mar 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

I thought about going and see how it is going to be this year since the new guys took it over I have heard in the past that they are more into the other types of shooting instead of promoting trap as much I sure hope it's not true because I do like to shoot there.

foghorn220

2. jevoliva

jevoliva Member

I plan on going over, so change your travel plans foggy! :)

Hopefully the weather holds. Looking to be about 52 -- or about 30 degrees higher than Carmi's last shoot :)

John

3. famill00

famill00 TS Member

Carmi was cold tonight!

Forrest

4. Steven R. Scheib

Steven R. Scheib TS Member

Does Dennis Sneed and his wife still run the gun club at Rend Lake? Just curious. Steve

5. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

Steve

Dennis went to the Sparta complex last year and I don't know who runs it now but was told it was some from the St. Louis Mo gun club thats all I know.

Forrest it was pretty nippy in Hopkinsville last night also.

Fog

6. backfenceata

backfenceata TS Member

I just noticed the program for Rends shoot on Sunday, does the entry fee hide a compulsory purse ????
    Would Neil or Pat or any one with ATA experience please comment.
    Looks like a good weather forecast. no rain or wind. Kirk

7. trapshoother

trapshoother TS Member

Maybe a better wording of the Guaranteed Purse would be <i>Cash Payout in-lieu of Trophy.</i> The confusion or question about compulsory purse comes from the rule book page 33 where it states;

<i>Section VIII, A. No compulsory purse and/or option of any type shall be permitted in any tournament in which ATA trophies or ATA added monies are provided.</i>

Since there are no ATA trophies or ATA added monies advertised in the flyer then section 8 does not apply.

The flyer is written in such a way that management will not incure a loss on the purchase of trophies if there is a small turnout.

M

8. tumbleweed

tumbleweed Member

Just one shooter's opinion. I would prefer a $20.00/100 entry fee and run everything else as an "option".

Rend Lake is a very nice place to shoot but it is almost over my distance limit for a 1 day shoot. Still trying to decide if I'm going to make the trip. What is the starting time and what order will the events run?

Hope you have a good shoot tomorrow and a great '07 season! Best of luck to the new management.

Tumbleweed

9. jevoliva

jevoliva Member

tumble...

Practice opens at 9 AM, program starts at 10 AM. Order of events are as sbove: singles, handicap, then doubles. Weather at 10 AM will be 39 degress with a 10 mph wind from the SE.

John

10. tumbleweed

tumbleweed Member

Thanks John, much appreciated.

11. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

backfenceata:

I saw that also and figured it could be no trophies and just money per shooter but at 25.00 a 100 for a small shoot I think I will just wait and pay the same at some of the larger state shoots and even the grand was 25.00 but of course plus the 3.00 for the site fee.

I am with tumbleweed on the rather to pay 20.00 and the rest as options.

I think I have shot out this week end already so I think I will just sleep in tomorrow instead.

foghorn

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.