1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Anybody every load 1 oz in DR Windjammer?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by riflegunbuilder, Jan 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. riflegunbuilder

riflegunbuilder Member

I have been loading 1 1/8 oz in Windjammer 12118 wads and 1 oz in WJ 12100 yellow wads. I am thinking of trying the Dowrange Windjammer, could I use it for both 1 and 1 1/8 oz?

2. Andy44

Andy44 Active Member

IF...you use a "fluffy" powder (something that needs a #36 Mec bushing, or so, you can get away with using WJ wads, specially in A-A hulls. Not the best wad for 1oz though.

AndyH ;-)

3. ljunatic

ljunatic Member

I have successfully loaded 1oz with the Original Windjammers and the Downrange version. I load 20gr of International Clays, Cheddite Primer, 1oz of magnum 8's into STS, Gun clubs and AA's. Crimps have a slightly concave appearance, but it is acceptable. Killer load for 16's and doubles IMHO

4. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

I shoot 1 ounce for my first shot of doubles. If I shoot reloads, it is loaded with the Downrange Jammer XL-1. It crushes targets!

Matt Woodson

5. poacherjoe

poacherjoe Well-Known Member

You will have to use the Jammer XL-1.It is purple and has the 8 petal configuration.I have shot several cases of this wad and it works great if you do your part! The price has gone up on them thou and I have switched to the original windjammer 1 oz wads with quite a cost savings.Graf and Son's has the best price for me as I am in Kalifornia.I use them in STS or AA hulls with 19.5 grs of WST or Green Dot.

6. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

A vote, plus 4 other buddies, for the DR XL-1, (4 petal) "neon" color.....Bob Dodd

7. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Downrange Jammer XL-1 for one ounce loads, if you like 8 petals.

8. JerryP

JerryP Active Member

I have been using the purple DR wad, works fine. I like the yellow WJ2 because they are lighter. I would buy which ever one I could get the cheapest.

9. fish and teach

fish and teach TS Member

I use the neon green with 1oz over 16.5 gr of Red Dot in lots of different hulls. Been happy so far.

10. SCL

SCL Member

I use the CB 4118 in RXP's, aa, and Federals for 1 oz and get good crimps, but Gun Clubs seem to dish down too far. I started using the 4100 CB's for GC's and they load like butter. Both are windjammer clones.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.