1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Anybody else here donate to Haiti Relief ?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by jbmi, Jan 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jbmi

jbmi Well-Known Member

Tough to those people suffer like that, especially the kids. Dropped my check of this morning.

2. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

Obama did it for me.

3. Bob_K

Bob_K Well-Known Member

I did. Obama has not done anything for me.

4. dverna

dverna Active Member

The country is so corrupt that I cannot bring myself to donate.

They want cash because it is easier to deal with than supplies. Makes sense.

I am sure the United Nations will meet whatever shortfall is left after US Government aid is delivered.

Don Verna

5. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

I included extra with my monthly check to the United negro college fund. Jeff

6. Easystreet

Easystreet Well-Known Member

I haven't contributed directly to the Haiti relief, but I figure that my federal taxes are helping pay for relief provided by our country.

Besides, I heard on the radio yesterday that monetary relief sent to Haiti may well end up lining some corrupt official's pockets while those who really need it won't receive any help at all.

Further, this morning on TV news, they said that Florida may receive FIFTY THOUSAND Haitian refugees in the next week or so. Who the hell is going to pay for all that?

While I truly feel sorry for Haitian people, the United States doesn't have room enough or money enough to provide for everyone in this world that needs help.

Easystreet

7. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Haiti is the number 4 drug capitol of the entire world. I feel for the people but we have a lot of need right here now too.

8. larryjk

larryjk Member

I figure my taxes will be a donation to them; as they have been every year. I got a very bitter taste in my mouth when I heard they were getting close to the rioting stage because the US was slow getting aid to them. Why the hell don't they ask Castro or Chavez, who seem to always be their friends? They don't even bother to pretend to be friendly, but sure as hell want our money. They look to the continual flow of "aid" money from the US as an entitlement. Yes, I can feel sorry for the kids, but they did show the kids sacking a store as soon as the injured shopkeeper was hauled away on a stretcher. They seem to feel whatever they can steal is rightfully theirs. What a sorry country!

9. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Jeff.... You da man!! LOL...that was a good one!!

Curt

10. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I sent a card with a check I got from someone in that country a few months back from my $3,247,812.88 lottery win, hope they have better luck cashing it than I did ... That ought to help them out a little bit anyway ... I got another check here so if anything happens in Nigera, I can help them out also ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

11. headsupdesign

headsupdesign TS Member

They remind me of the Katrina refugees, sittting there waiting for somebody to come. Why don't they help themselves, where is their self reliance? We have exported the dependancy culture.

12. ks5shooter

ks5shooter Member

US sent 100 million thats my donation .After we pay interest on that money it will be 150 million.

13. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

I heard on TV this morning that we,(O'Bama), has given asylum to 30,000 illegal Haitians that were on a list to go back. Expired student visa's etc; Why didn't we just give each one a gallon of water, a bag of food, and a $1,000 each and hire cruise ships or planes to send them home to rescue their brethren. It would be far cheaper than what we're in for now and solve a few problems at once.

On another note, I lost respect for the Red Cross after 9/11. A far better organization with no big salaries etc; is AmeriCares. There efficiency is in the high 90's. I don't know of any other organization that compares as well to it.

14. partygirl

partygirl TS Member

Boy, you guys are nasty today. I was gonna ask for a few bucks for myself, but forget that. You'll ruin my weekend and hurt my feelings.

15. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

Tough crowd party girl and a crown that has a long memory. I have not forgot that Redcross horseshit and they will not be getting another dime from this family and my wife used to donate to them every year. Jeff

16. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

Hi Partygirl, I didn't say I don't give, I just gave my opinion on who or how to give to get the most for your money. Check out AmeriCares, I like Jeff will never ever give another dime to the Red Cross. Too many big salaries come first with them. Hope you have a GREAT week-end, Bob

17. Virgil

Virgil Member

The compassion which some of the posts in this thread expresses is amazing (not). I would guess that some attend church regularly and even profess to be a Christian. If your concern is about waste and administrative costs, you might try giving to causes with a high organizational efficiency such as the American Baptist's One Great Hour of Sharing or to the Samaritan's Purse which also has a high rating. We can do better than blast our government, our president, the Red Cross etc., as the needs of these people are so great. where is our compassion?

Virgil

18. jwells

jwells Member

the people in the gulf coast are not whole yet. yet we cant give enuff to haiti. and it will never end, they didnt have clean water , food or electricity before. but watch the way we rebuild that hellhole. drugs voodoo and aides is their chief exports, but that dont matter we are the worlds ambulance. i thought our military was stretched to the breaking point with the two wars going on???? perhaps that is a lie too.

19. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

Never let a good crisis go to waste, read what Rush had to say about Haiti.

20. berettagold53954

berettagold53954 TS Member

we have too many people in need here where is there help

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.