1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Anybody Converted a MEC 9000 to Auto-Mate?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by rdf59, Oct 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rdf59

rdf59 Member

Has anyone modified a 9000g to work with the MEC Auto-Mate? How difficult is it? I read the conversion pdf on the MEC site and it seems a little complicated in that it looks as though you might have to reset the dies after making those changes in the linkages.

2. mikkeeh

mikkeeh Active Member

Yep. Probably loaded 20k rds or so since. Not a real complicated conversion, just takes a little time. Follow the instructions and you should be fine. Also consider changing the mainspring with the heavy duty one designed for the hydraulic. My original spring lasted about 15k, but when i had problems and talked to MEC, they suggested the change. No problems since, and only a few extra bucks. I dont recall having to reset any of the dies though. Good luck! Its certainly worth it!

3. chiefjon

chiefjon Active Member

I have had my conversion about 2 years. Works great...great improvement in the reloads. Not a single bad load since I got the automate. In short, I love it.

JON

4. Nutso

Nutso Member

Yup converted a 28g and 20g, very easy, takes about a half hour, they work just as well as the 410 loader I purchased with the automate.

Basically it's just removing the handle and in stalling a brackets for the connecting rod and brace.

5. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

You need a bit of mechanical capability. If you are one of those people who has none you will struggle, but if you have at least some you will be fine. Read the instructions a couple of times and make sure you understand them before you start. That alone will solve most of the difficulties.

6. rdf59

rdf59 Member

Thanks. All positive comments so I may make the switch.

One more question, do any of you switch machines on the Auto-Mate? I would like to have it on my 28ga also. What's your opinion on that?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.