1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

? Anybody Check POI with a Borelaser?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by rodbuster, Aug 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rodbuster

rodbuster TS Member

I was wondering how accurately a borelaser will show POI to be? I checked my 90T today, and it showed it to be about 6" high at maybe 40'. Will that measurement increase as the distance increases? This is with the adjustable rib set in the highest position. This is with the beads "figure eighted", and the comb all the way down. I was told this is a high shooting gun, so I don't know if this seems right.

Thank you for your time, Rodbuster.

2. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

If that's where it's pointing at 40 yards it won't be pointing much differently at any trap-target distance - a little lower close, a wee bit higher farther out.

The shot may or not be like that.

Neil

3. trapster100

trapster100 Member

The k80 poi adjustment is by bending the barrel. If the laser only sits in the chamber and your bores are PERFECTLY straight, I don't see why it wouldn't work. Hmmmm, now how do we check the bore straightness??

4. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

If you want the correct answer go to the patterning board. HMB

5. rodbuster

rodbuster TS Member

Thank you for the replies. I was thinking that if the pellets drop 4" at 40 yards, maybe at this rib setting, it will not shoot as high as I thought. At the 27 yard line, how far out is the bird when it is hit, for the average shooter?

6. acss

acss Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

we tried a bore laser on 6 trapguns from 60% to 100% poi , in a room 18'- each gun with the laser pointed the same as they shot or are set with an adj rib- we didnt mark each beams spot and then mathmaticlly figure poi, but if the gun shot hi , so was the beam on the wall!!!--boy did i start a heated discussion at the range

7. ke4yyd

ke4yyd Member

I asked a similar question to a local gunsmith and he indicated that a bent barrel (some are bent on purpose to adjust POI) would not have an accurate POI indication with a chamber laser.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.