1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Anybody change from Perazzi to Krieghoff ?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by SMITH47, Jul 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SMITH47

SMITH47 Member

Anyone switch from perazzi to krieghoff.

if so did it work out ?

I'm not out to bash but would like to experience some of that Krieghoff International service that folks tell stories about !

ernie

2. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

Ernie.... Two of the best shooters here in the West have recently switched from Perazzi to Kreighoff's. Shaun Hawley and Jerry Parr have both put down their Perazzi's in favor of the K80 Trap Special. Both with excellent results I might add. Phil Kiner also put the Perazzi aside and is shooting a K80 top single trap special. Perazzi or Kreighoff are both very fine guns. Shoot which ever one feels right to you.... Dan Thome (Trap2)

3. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Phil Kiner would be a good person to ask. Also, I have a friend who posts on here occasionally who owns a "fleet" of Perazzis and recently switched bought a K-80 Trap Special. You don't want to get him started on Perazzi service...

Ed

4. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Switched a few years ago and haven't looked back. Still have a MX7 combo as a back-up.

Don

5. ebsurveyor

ebsurveyor Member

I went Perazzi to Krieghoff & Krieghoff to Perazzi twice. A K80 about 15 years ago and a trap special three years ago. I think I'll stick to my Perrazzi and Seitz. The Krieghoff triggers "STINK" and make me flinch. Most of the good Krieghoff shooters I know use those "trick" triggers.

6. DENNISMASTROLIA1

DENNISMASTROLIA1 Active Member

What "trick" trigger is that?? I am interested--Thanks.

7. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

I think Butch is referring to a release trigger.

8. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Just ignore Butch! He simply doesn't want to admit he's getting old and really needs that "trick trigger"!!

9. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Not to confuse you but you might want to consider a Beretta DT-10 because thats what Big Leo as in Harrison shoots and he seems to be getting along with it pretty well ... Wonder if he would still be shooting his 1100 if something had not happened to it ..? This guy has more trophys, rings, gold coins, state titles, Grand wins (not the Grand American Handicap,yet) $$$ and gives lessons and is probably the over all best shooter of all time ... Just a suggestion if you think its the gun ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

I called it a MX-10 instead of a DT-10, must of had Perazzi on my mind ...

10. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

Just most of the top team, except Leo, he's still sruggling with his DT-10.

11. SMITH47

SMITH47 Member

fred

the issue prompting my question is SERVICE !

but how they feel about the gun comes into play ?

I was curious about other folks experiences and opinions ?

ernie

12. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Joe,

I stand corrected its a DT-10, glad someone was paying attention ... lol ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

13. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Ernie, I have only been shooting for 3 years, so my perspective is from a fairly new shooter.

I shoot a Perazzi TM-1. I owned and tried a couple of different types of Kreighoff O/Us. I shoot a Gold Precision release, and I found the Kreighoff releases to be very good triggers. I can't evaluate pull triggers.

What I found about the K-guns were the following: Service from Ottsville is superb. The gun was too heavy for what I was used to, so I ended up with a lighter, faster pointer for a doubles gun which works for me.

I'm a female that shoots a fairly flat shooting, low-ribbed gun, so you can take my opinion in that context. I prefer Perazzis, and after getting more doubles experience I will probably end up with a P-gun combo or O/U.

But you have to try it and see what's right for you. If you can afford to keep the Perazzi while trying out a K-gun, that's what I would do. That way, you can either revert or sell the P-gun, and there won't be any possible regret.

14. ebsurveyor

ebsurveyor Member

Concerning service. Krieghoff recommends annual service and after two years of use recommended replacing the firing pins. Cost was several hundred dollars (annual+pins). I never had any annual service with my Perazzi's and I can replace the firing pins in five or ten minutes. With a new gun purchase Krieghoff supplies a bag with a bunch of little springs. Never knew what to do with them. Perazzi supplies a parts kit, with which I can replace the firing pins or hammer springs in about five or ten minutes. Some of the All Americans receive free guns and sweetheart service (maybe that's why they switched). Others AA's only receive sweetheart deals and service. Service for me has always been good but can't compare to Perazzi. For the past 25 years or so I returned to Parazzi at the Grand many times for service (maybe six times). They never asked where or when I got the gun. They just fixed it AT NO COST to me. Kriegoff always has an invoice to go with the service. Just the facts like them or not.

15. trapshooter5

trapshooter5 Member

I own both Perazzi and K80 guns..I prefer the balance/swing of the Pguns for trap..The K80 feels more muzzle heavy which I prefer for skeet.All of them have been extremely reliable over the years.. Broken a few hammer springs in the Pguns,but easy to replace..make sure you have the spring tool! Never had a K80 break.
    As for the "Annual"service that Ottsville recommends-do it every year if you shoot a real high volume of targets..If you are a recreational shooter,every couple years is probably OK..But keep the guns CLEAN,especially after shooting in the rain! By the way,I'm going to guess that the springs that EBSurveyer mentioned are the little 1/4" springs that go with the "BB" to hold ejectors in place. The ejectors should be taken out,cleaned and oiled every month or so,especially if shot in rain! (Maybe I have such good luck with my guns because I take such good care of them!!) In conclusion,both are fineguns but try both and see which feels better and breaks more targets!! Paul in Virginia

16. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

ditto on what trapshooter5 stated.

Matt

Crunch thanked this.
  17. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

I've had a few K-guns come in for their first annual service. Unfortunately, they occured over 20 years after they made the purchase and finally broke something!!

18. jsa3107

jsa3107 TS Supporters TS Supporters

ebsurveyor

Krieghoff the anual service is 225$
    Not several 100$
    You gotta love it when you feel the need to lie to back what you own
    I am glad p gun gives you free service at the grand not many p gun dealers would do that
    Anf given the trigger problems I assume they feel the need to try and help the poor souls that buy them....
    And even though some may send their k-80s back every year there is no need to do it that often (of course it depends on how many rounds you shoot)

19. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

Where did ebsurveyor lie, He said it was several hundred you say $225. Does your $225 include shipping and insurance? If not, would the cost of service plus shipping, and insurance be several hundred?

20. ebsurveyor

ebsurveyor Member

In PA Dutch several hundred = 200, So I got a sweetheart deal at 200 for pins and annual service. For what it's worth I still own both. I just shoot seitz and perazzi this year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

krieghoff better than perazzi

krieghoff or perazzi

krieghoff vs perazzi

krieghoff vs seitz

perazzi or krieghoff best trap gun

perazzi vs krieghoff