1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Anybody ? Bismuth shot Tell me about it

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by trappug, Mar 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trappug

trappug TS Member

I happen to be in the area of pacific rod and gun club,and I believe because of the lake there you can only use steel or bismuth shot.I dont even know if I can or should shoot either one in my gun,or just shoot another time.Anybody have information to help me out.dave

2. Chip

Chip TS Member

On waterfowl Bismuth works fine, a good subsitute for lead, won't damage the barrels of old double barrel shotguns. The company that produced Bismuth shot both in loaded shells and loose shot for reloading went out of business in 2007. The compnay folded up after the death of the owner, Robert Peterson of Peterson publishing fame. The heirs to the estate still hold patent rights so it is unlikely bismuth shot will return any time soon. Even when in production 7 pounds was selling for between $120-$150, far too expensive for most people to use in clay target sports.

3. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

Whether you should use steel in your gun depends on what the gun is. Steel will damage most presteel era barrels if enough is shot through the gun.

4. trappug

trappug TS Member

I have a 07 joel etchen beretta,and dont want to take chances.I just bought it .But im dying to shoot and the only club near by has those rules

5. joe kuhn

joe kuhn Furry Lives Matter TS Supporters

Many shooters at our club shoot steel (#7) from 1200 fps to 1325 fps and nobody has reported any problems. The new steel wads have thicker/tougher petals so you're barrel is protected. We have guys with new Kolars shooting steel and I shoot steel in my Mach One without a second thought about it.

Joe

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.