1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Any Youth Programs In Need????

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by rmngtngrl, Apr 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rmngtngrl

rmngtngrl TS Member

wow what a generous offer..I hope that some deserving youth group (ie4-H or SCTP, or High School team ) takes you up on this..even though I am not asking for one of the guns thanks for supporting youth shooting sports...

Kym Hughes

2. k1200ltc509

k1200ltc509 Member

Ted, my name is Rick Gibbs and I am the head coach of the Downers Grove SC SCTP team. This is our second year as a team and I would like to be considered for the for the donation of one of the 870's. We have support from the club and even a budget, from fundraisers, raffles, etc. But starting up anything like this is a very costly thing.

I am also one of the directors of the club for Youth and Community Relations. And I can assure you that the 870 would be much appreciated and put to good use in the youth, womens, and general public clinics and educational areas. Since taking over the programs I have attempted to present a youth team that is one of the best in the area, hold clinics for shooters to attend, and even am planning to hold an NRA Shotgun Coach School in the fall at our club.

If you wish to contact me my emaill address is above and I can provide necessary information that you may require. Thankyou in advance for the offer it is a wonderful thing for you to do. Rick Gibbs

3. tachyon

tachyon Member

Ted, my name is Bruce Esser. I coach the trap team at Marian High School where I teach. We started the program 3 years ago when a young lady came to me and requested that I sponsor a trap team. Our team goals this year are 1. safety, 2. fun, 3. break targets. We emphasize citizenship, sportsmanship and competition in that order.

I currently have a competition 8/70 that is shared by three shooters on our team. We schedule our squads so they can share the gun. (we also share a BT-99 and an 1100 I own). Most of the girls (I teach at an all girls school) have never shot a gun before going to one of our new shooter clinics.

The gun would be used for new shooter clinics, competitions and practice. I am also a hunter safety instructor and the gun would be used for the live fire part of that class.

Your offer is most generous and is a great example of how we will continue the trapshooting tradition with our younger generation.

If you have any questions or need more information contact me at the email address above.

Bruce Esser

Physics Teacher/Trap Coach, Marian High School, Omaha Nebraska

4. BabyB

BabyB TS Member

Ted -
    You have an email

Thanks

5. k1200ltc509

k1200ltc509 Member

Ted, email with contact info sent. Rick Gibbs

6. OleBlue2

OleBlue2 TS Member

Ted My name is Bill Clayton I have just recently started a SCTP trap team at the Lincoln sportsman club. As a new team and trying to arrange fundraisers and donations most of what we make this year will be for shells,birds and help in getting to the Il state shoot and the Grand.

We could certainly use one of the guns you offer. Our first sign-up day and practice produced 8 kids with a promise of four more coming. We were excited to even get one team but it turns out we will have 2 teams plus alternates.

The thought of being able to even offer a loaner was not in our budget yet.This would be a great opportunity for us to keep one kid shooting or even 2 shooting. We would greatly appreciate your consideration of receiving one of these guns.

No matter who you choose I know they will benefit from your generosity.
    Thank you; Bill [c] 217-855-6583

7. Shoemaker

Shoemaker Member

Hello, my name is John Hunter and I coach a High School Trap team in Willard, Mo. Our team is part of the FFA department and is quite new. Although it is in its second year of existance, we did not recieve authority from the School Board and School adminstration to start the team until part way throught the 2005-2006 season, which means we are just now in our first full season. We presently have 10 students on our team and for the most part they are paying their own way. Wish we would have received funding along with permission to start a team.

We did raised some money through work projects such as building fence and picking up walnuts which along with a donation from the FFA boosters which purchased us 10 cases of shells last November. We are now trying to clean yards and do limb removal caused by the ice storms this winter for additional funds.

Our team presently does not have any "team" owned guns and I do not see funds becoming available in the near future for gun purchases as we have some other needs that are more pressing right now. However, I do want you to know that we have applied to the NRA for a grant to purchase some guns for our team but to date, have not received any information on our request (I will inform you and remove our request for consideration from your list should this happen).

Now that I have mentioned the NRA, I would like to say we have a very good "Friends of the NRA" chapter in our area and I know of several of their grant that have gone to help youth in the Southwest Missouri - Keep up the good work.

I think what you are doing here is a very good thing and want to say Thank You. Regardless of who you select to send your guns to, I am sure they will be appreciated and put to good use. What a great idea, shotguns for teaching young shooters and future voters.
    Thanks Again
    John Hunter

8. k1200ltc509

k1200ltc509 Member

Bravo Ted, a good choice for both of the guns going to those deserving teams. Take a bow sir, generosity such as yours needs to be acknowleged. Thanks, for the consideration. Rick Gibbs

9. briggsguy17

briggsguy17 TS Member

For those coaches in need. Our school district recently decided to participate in a trap program that is funded through the NRA. The NRA gave each participating club (6 of them) $4,000 each to start the team. This money was used to purchase targets, ammo, shellbags, hearing protection, shooting glasses and 5 brand-spankin new Berreta AL391 trap guns. I am told this is only the second such program in the entire country and may be a sign of good things to come. Contact the NRA and see if they plan on doing this program in your area. Regards.

Chris

10. k1200ltc509

k1200ltc509 Member

I checked and there is a grant application, and a deadline. And you guessed it, I missed the dealine! The deadline varies from region to region, and if you contact me I can point you in the right direction. It is thru the NRA, and it is done by strict application proceedures with the time limits enforced. Thanks, Rick Gibbs.

11. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

870aa

Nice thing that you did on giving the guns to the youth teams.

Foghorn

12. shotgunfun

shotgunfun TS Member

Mr. Alsteen,

How nice it was for you to do this for youth shooters. I just wanted to acknowledge that your generosity did not go unnoticed.

Lorna Hull

13. rmngtngrl

rmngtngrl TS Member

This was a very generous a kind thing you did for shooting sports, I as a coach and a competitive shooter take my hat off to you and wish you well in all you do. Thank you for making a postive impact on a sport that needs more postives in it's corner.

Kym Hughes
    SCTP Coach Santa Maria, Calif

14. roger8918

roger8918 Member

Thank you Ted, The 870 Classic Trap arrived today in excellent condition. The gun will get its first team workout tomorrow. Your generosity is greatly appreciated.

Thanks for making a difference,
    Roger

15. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Ted, this is the second time in less than a month that I have witnessed your generosity. I hope that all of the shooters on this site take note and think of you when it is time to order hats and tee shirts and shooting towels for their functions. I know I will.

16. OhioBob

OhioBob TS Member

Many thanks to you Ted for your generous gifts....I'm certain those teams will put them to good use.

As a parent of 2 SCTP youths I would like to thank all the patrons and sponsors of our youth teams where ever they may be located.

Bob

17. tachyon

tachyon Member

I checked last Friday and it was not in yet. I will check today after work.

18. tachyon

tachyon Member

Ted, I talked with Bill at GU this afternoon. The gun is in and their paperwork is done. I can now go and fill out the rest of the paperwork.

Thank you from me and from the girls on the trap team. You can be certain that the gun will be used for introducing new shooters to the sport and for their practice/competitions. You are an example of all that is right with this sport.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.