1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Any Winchester gun collectors out there?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by bodybuilder, Mar 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bodybuilder

bodybuilder TS Member

I already have a thread on here about selling the 2 winchester 1200's. One of the TS.com shooters gave me some information about the 1200 Trap, He even knew the first 5 letters of the serial # wct-68. He said back in 1967 and 1968 Winchester held some Trap tournaments and gave away a presentation gun to the winner. The wct stands for Winchester clay tournament. He said he knew this because he won one back then. He said there were probably less than 200 of these guns made with the Gold and the Winchester Logo on it. I thought it was Just some interesting information about Winchester and the gun. Does anyone else know anything about what I was told? Thanks

2. miner1

miner1 Member

You didn't specify shotgun, and I'm not really a collector, but I have my father's pre64 Model 70 in 300 Savage caliber. Only a few hundred produced in 1947-the year he graduated from high school. He used the rifle and it's not in mint condition, but sure it would be worth the price of a new high-end trap gun. Good luck with your info search on the Mod 1200.

3. bodybuilder

bodybuilder TS Member

Yes Bob that helps Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

winchester wct 68 shotgun