1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Any Winchester 94 experts out there??

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Tron, Aug 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Last night, one of the local kids (GREAT kid!) that shoots Skeet and Sporting Clays at the local clubs here showed me his post 1964 94 30-30 that he's been having trouble with. He says that when he cycles the lever, the shell comes out of the magazine and UNDER the carrier and does not load (obviously).

Anything to look for here??

2. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

Edited....

Tron,

I mentioned earlier the carrier could be bad, I was thinking the Marlin 336.

The part on the 94 is called the link. This is the flat bar that the lever is attached to. There is a tab on the front that wears short or breaks off.

Doug

3. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

@nd that...most likely a bad carrier...wear is allowing it to elevate prematurely before the cartridge has been allowed to exit the mag tube

4. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I have a Model 94, 30-30, was having the same problem it was the carrier ... I am not an expert but that fixed the problem ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

5. larryjk

larryjk Member

I had one repaired for a customer this spring. Man that welds up and re-machines the "tab" to factory specs.for $40.00 prepaid back to you. Robert Knapp, 143 South Oakfield Road, Linneus, ME 04730. Call 1-207-532-9206. His work was very good, the gun works perfect.

6. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

TTT..Edited post by Doug

7. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

THANKS everyone! I think I'll go with the carrier.

8. Big Az Al

Big Az Al Well-Known Member

Tron if you have another LINK, (some of us call it the floor plate) that is where the only shell stop I know of with the 94.

When I was talked into converting one to 44 mag, that was the biggest pain with the project, cutting it down far enough to let the shell out of the mag, with out cutting so much the shells where not stopped at all.

When the link is pulled down by the lever the boss on the top pivots up to catch the next shell.

The Marlin on the other hand the boss that keeps the shells in mag is on the bottom of the lifter.

Al Lingham

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

winchester 94 shell catch