1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Any winchester 94 authorities?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by 338reddog, Dec 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 338reddog

338reddog Member

I have a 1894 winchester 25-35 octagon take down with pistol grip extra fancy wood with checkering and a 22 inch barrel. It looks correct and I dont think any one has cut the barrel. was hoping someone hear knew measurments to magazine dovtail? or oyher way to authenticate with out letter?

Thanks
    Jeff

2. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Jeff, do you have photos? Also need the serial number. You can use x's for the last two digits of the serial number.

With the hammer in the safety notch, a dowel dropped down the barrel will measure exactly 22" to the muzzle face. You can also measure at the rear of the barrel, inside the receiver, but that's not quite as accurate.

Generally if a barrel is cut down, most people don't bother to get the measurement of the front sight dovetail to the muzzle right. This distance on an 1894 is 15/16" from the muzzle face to the center of the dovetail.

3. Jim R

Jim R Ljutic Nut TS Supporters

Contact Elmer Fairchild. The guy knows his stuff on old Winchesters and old Colts. I sold him 4 guns this year and he was more than fair with me.

Jim R

[​IMG]

4. Big Az Al

Big Az Al Well-Known Member

The Magazine ring cut on the ones I have seen are rounded, the ring twists into place.

I could be wrong, as I am not a collector, it is just what I have seen in 40+ years of being around rifles, firearms, gunshops and gunsmiths.

Al

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.