1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Any WInchester 101 experts out there??

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by dan2116, Dec 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dan2116

dan2116 Member

Hi everyone. I have just acquired a Winchester 101 XTR Lightweight 12ga with a butt stock badly cracked in the grip area behind the tang.I wanted to know where I can find a replacement stock or set ( forend and buttstock )for this gun. I don't know if there is aftermarket wood or if I need to find original wood ( walnut I think) for it. The gun metal (barrel and receiver) is in very good condition . Would it be worth or the best thing to do to replace the buttstock and forend with original wood if I can find it? Also could anyone advise what a reasonable price would be for a original buttstock and or forend would be. Thank you all for your help. Dan

2. Holeinmypattern

Holeinmypattern TS Member

Try Midwest gun works they carry some wood for the 101's

3. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

Midwest Gun Works in/around St Louis has some, but check on eBay first as their acutions may be a bit cheaper there.

I have bought from them and, in fact, they used to pheaseant hunt on our land in Eastern SD when they were with Browning.

Whiz

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.