1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Any Western PA Shooters out there?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by stims, Feb 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stims

stims TS Member

Looking for a club to join in western pa I'm new to the whole trap,skeet,sporting clays gig.

Thanks

2. Michael Jobe

Michael Jobe TS Member

You'll need to be a little more specific in regard to your location. I can think of close to a dozen clubs in Erie and Crawford counties alone.

~Michael

3. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Pittsburgh area E me. Bulge

4. stims

stims TS Member

I'm in Indiana county an hour from Pittsburgh, I commute to Pittsburgh for work and night classes Talk to me Bulge I'll shoot you a message later thanks

5. SR1

SR1 TS Member

Where ya at in WPA?

6. Citori Shooter

Citori Shooter TS Member

Hi,I live in Mount Pleasant which is about 40 miles southeast of Pittsburgh,I shoot at 4 local clubs on a twilight league that runs from March to September.We shoot 16 yd single unregistered targets in a semi-formal atmosphere.The clubs are in Connellsville,Ruffsdale,Youngwood and Scottdale.Ruffsdale does shoot some ATA registered targets through the year but I am not sure what dates.There is also a club in Greensburg that has trap but I never shot there.Let me know if you are interested.Regards.

7. 100after9

100after9 TS Member

Ruffsdale West Penn Greater Jackson and a hundred others we shoot ATA leagues
    depends on what you are lookong for~~~ E mail me on what you are looking for

8. DocJim

DocJim Member

I live in Indiana county and I shoot trap and skeet. Tboland's are good choices. I can give you names of some smaller clubs that may be closer to you. e-mail me for more information.
    Jim

9. pahunter1

pahunter1 TS Member

Doc Jim: Did you and your dad shoot at the Penn Run Trap club? I shot there for years before the club got high jacked. Long story. I was president for along time and got the club into the Mountain Top Leauge and Winter Leauges. Would love to see a trap range at the Indiana Sportsman Club.

10. FLIP

FLIP Member

http://shootlcsa.com/
    just north of you

11. ronbo142

ronbo142 TS Member

West-PA has a huge number of small clubs, so be specific.

Ronbo

12. pa pete

pa pete Member

Fayette Gun Club, Uniontown,PA. "Pete" McDonough.

13. stims

stims TS Member

Thanks guys appreciate the info.

14. dcb_wvu

dcb_wvu Member

there are a bunch of clubs in the area. I am in Indiana, PA as well. Lots of fun places. A few good gunsmiths in the area too. I use Tillio M. in Homer City. He is great and one of my favorite people.

15. k32guy

k32guy TS Member

Doc

Have you figured out who pahunter1 is? I have been wondering who he might be.

k32guy

16. dcb_wvu

dcb_wvu Member

it would sure be nice to have a club in Indiana with a trap range. Indiana Bow and Gun would be a good one. I think C&Y would be good too. It would have to go on top of the hill at C&Y though. Red Barn has too many weddings and such that would interfere.

17. pahunter1

pahunter1 TS Member

The Heilwood Sportsman Club would be another good place for a trap range. They have a niece location. They could draw shooters from Indiana, Homer City, Blairsville. One other thing everybody knows TILLIO (Ed. pahunter1)

18. Justin L.

Justin L. Member

pahunter1,

What do the nieces look like?

Speaking of Tillio, does anyone know how he's doing? I know he tried shooting last Sept. but was having a rough time with it then. He any better?

19. stims

stims TS Member

I have land maybe I should just clear some and start a club here! Where is C&Y and Red Barn?

20. pahunter1

pahunter1 TS Member

C&Y is in Shelocta and Red Barn is in Homer City. They are close to one another and only minutes from Indiana,Pa. Last time I saw Tillio, he looked like his OLE self. (JustinL) what do you mean by (What do the nieces look like?) I must have missed something?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

mountain top trap league

ruffsdale twilight trap league