1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Any well water exsperts

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by pj 999, Dec 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pj 999

pj 999 TS Member

Not an expert by any means, but grew up around wells etc.Don't know where you live but you might try your state DNR, your local soil and water or the National Geological website. These records show depths, gallons per minute, water contends etc of area wells. If I can remember the actual website I will let you know. I used it when I bought my house. One thing for sure about wells and pumps I have never had to work on one on a nice day. They seem to always give you fits on nasty days. As far as drinking well water there sure is alot of old healthy farmers in my area that have drank well water all their lives. Paul

2. The Rock

The Rock Active Member

The wife works for a testing lab. She is the one that takes the samples and puts about 56,000 miles a year on the company car. And you would be surprised at how many people have water that is not drinkable from a health standard.

These people for the most part like the way their water tastes. You personally can take the sample but the bottles used must have the proper preparation and most will require a preservative in the bottle. You will need to get the bottles for some tests from a lab directly.

There are also hold times on the different test

In Ohio anyway the water must be tested for bacteria, before a sale can happen if they are on their own system.

I personally would not consider getting into this situation with out a well test series. It is not cheap as it can run $400.00+ for a complete series including heavy metals, nitrates, nitrides, volatile, and bacteria along with a few more I can't remember now.

Rock

Jim

3. b12

b12 Well-Known Member

All depends where you are at. If you live near a large city then by all means look for other sources for water. These city dwellers have contaminated everything from groung water to the air you breath.

But if you are far out in the country then chech with some of the other people in the area and they can tell you how deep your well is and most can tell you how deep the different vains are.

I have had well water all my life and I'm 62. I used to put 1-1/4, 2" and 4" wells down for many years. If your water is safe for drinking and cooking then believe me you are much better off than that chemically infested city water you might have been drinking. Bill 12

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.