1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

ANY VALUE TO OLD SHOT IN THE BAGS?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by tbuster, Aug 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tbuster

tbuster Member

I am just wondering if there is any value to old shot that is still in the original bag. I am not trying to sell any but did buy some the other day and it looks like it may be forty plus years old. I just thought before I started reloading it, someone might be able to tell me if there is any value to such a thing. Thanks.

2. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Nope, no more than market value for lead shot. Shoot the shot and save the bag.

3. ExFedex

ExFedex Active Member

If the shot is oxidized you may want to clean it before putting it in a reloader. It can be a real mess and also a health hazard if there is oxidation. Went thru that about a year ago with some Remington shot. Never again.

4. tbuster

tbuster Member

Okay, thanks for the information. I appreciate it. I'll shoot it and check the quality before running it through.

5. kene

kene TS Member

have some old shot that is oxidized -- what is best / easiest way to clean it up if you do not have any "heavy duty" tools?

6. Macdaddy

Macdaddy Member

Put your shot in a rifle brass tumbler with a very small amount of powdered graphite. Run 25 lbs for about 15 min or until the shot has become shiny again.

Another idea is to put your shot in clean, metal paint cans and take to your local paint store and have them shake them in their paint shaker.

just a few ideas.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.