1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

any USA made vests

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by chourico, Jan 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chourico

chourico TS Member

I am looking to buy an american made trap shooting vest,i have called various dealers but they are all foregin!It;s a damn shame that you have to search so hard to find something made in this country!Any help on this?

2. sernv99

sernv99 Active Member

http://www.bunkershooting.com/TheBunkerVest.html

3. thrillr89

thrillr89 Member

I have a John Storm vest He made to order for me. Fits graet has has held up for years with no trouble.

4. porky

porky TS Member

Anyone make any of the gabradine vests anymore?

5. PAR8HED

PAR8HED Member

Plus 1 for Shoot the Moon. Spend the extra and get one custom made, you won't regret it. HJH

6. loop02

loop02 Member

There was a thread on here recently about someone that made vests in the USA. They looked good, and appeared to be gaberdine

7. Trapshooter

Trapshooter Well-Known Member

John Storm makes them to fit you. Can't be beat.

8. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

You can get John Storm's custom tailored to you. You can't buy a nicer vest. Bill

9. clayman51

clayman51 Member

Try this web page.

http://cjshootingapparel.com/index.htm

10. kenf

kenf Active Member

Whit size are you looking for? I have a really nice Remington vest made by Chimere in Naples, FL, I believe. Vest is new, hanging in the closet. The vest does have the beige mesh back and a full length leather international pad down the right side. It is an XL I bought a couple of years ago and meant to thin down to fit in it. Its for sale, so you see how that worked out.

I also have a couple USA made Bob Allen vests if you are interested.

11. ffwildcat

ffwildcat TS Member

Click the link above.

Chuck's phone number is 424.263.2431

Plessinger Sportswear is owned and operated by Chuck Dietl, former USA Shooting resident athlete. He's been doing this a long time and knows his stuff.

You can buy a vest from other domestic makers but I know who makes mine and Chuck's vests are the BEST. High quality, attention to detail, the best materials - they are PERFECT.

And he's a nice guy too.

If you want to see pictures of his vests then they are here - http://www.deadtargetschool.com/How%20to%20Place%20ISSF%20Skeet%20Tape.pdf

The red vest is a Chuck Dietl vest. Look at the leather pad - you will notice the pattern of stitching - this is not style - this is FUNCTION. The leather pad is stitched in a certain way to provide longevity and comfort. I wish more trap shooters would use vests instead of pouches - a properly fit custom vest is a joy to wear and an essential piece of equipment.

12. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Janet from CJ's is made in America and you won't find a nicer person to deal with ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

13. pufftarget

pufftarget Active Member

Before someone else points it out, I was'nt a resident athlete though I spent enough time there when I lived in Colorado they may have thought I was. In spite of that my wife still likes me.

Thank you all for your kind words of recommendation.

Chuck Dietl

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
bill plesinger clay target shooting vests
clay shooting gear made in usa

made in usa shooting vest

shooting vests made inusa
skeet shooting vest made in usa

skeet shooting vest usa made

the best shooting vests made
trap shooting vests made in usa