1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Any UAW Retirees? AETNA Ins Opinions

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by CalvinMD, Aug 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Hi guys...am trying to help my mom chose new health coverage. She has the GM/Chrysler Medicare Advantage through the UAW. Her current health coverage is through Blue Cross Blue Shield and truthfully it seems as though it doesn't cover squat and all the deductables and copays for provider and meds seem very high. Starting 2013 they are offering AETNA PPO Medicare Advantage Plan....JUst like to know if anyone else out there has them and if they are satisfied or not per your first hand experience and why...and if anybody is a retiree planning to move to them or stay away from them, what are your reasons...she needs all the help she can get as she is diabetic with severe COPD and just her Copays/Meds kill her pension income she gets for surviving spouse...thanks in advance guys as I'm hoping to help her make an good informed decision and it not be the wrong move...

Cal

2. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

3. CalvinMD

4. dhip

dhip Active Member

I always have stayed away from the PPO's,I've only been retired since 2001.I do realize the surviving spouse gets the short end.A friend is also a GM surviving spouse,but she seems well satisfied with her coverage.If I see her this weekend,I'll ask what she has oor has not looked into.

Doug H.

5. CalvinMD

Thanks Doug, any info you can pass on will be greatly appreciated...was at Oxford tonight but didn't see you

6. dhip

dhip Active Member

Haven't shot in a while,just got back from W.V.,School started,have to bus those kids,every other thursday is also now being involved with church praise team.Hope to see friend tommorrow at church.I'll ask her then,any particuliars you need to know.I know when I have talked to her about our changing coverages,she just says we have it better than most.But,that was before we lost the good eye care and dental also.

Doug H.

7. dhip

dhip Active Member

Calvin,

Talked to my friend today.She's staying with the standard coverage.Her reasons were that she doesn't like the PPO telling her whar doctors she's allowed to see,and which Hospitals or medical services she's allowed to use.Also,she noticed at a drugstore she goes to they will NOT honor the Aetna program.She feels that what the Aetna PPO offers isn't good enough for her to go through the changes they require. Such as,going to only doctors they reccommend.She feels it just isn't worth it.

Doug H.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

aetna medicare advantage plan vs bcbs advantage plan gm uaw retirees

is etna good for uaw retireies