1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Any truth to the rumor...

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Jim Brown (the puller), Jul 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jim Brown (the puller)

Jim Brown (the puller) TS Member

...that the PSSA is going to replace its SuperStar traps with PATs?

I've been hearing it at several PA clubs for weeks.

2. Michael Jobe

Michael Jobe TS Member

I hope not. I've been very pleased with the birds at Elysburg, and with the birds at my local club thrown on a GMV.

Michael

3. dedpair

dedpair Active Member

There was some discussion at the State Shoot due to the Doubles walking quite a bit. Theres been no official word as to what they might change if anything. The argument for the Pat traps is that the Grand and most other large tourny's have them. But overall just wear and tear on the traps has caused most of the issues, and without trying to sound whiny, I was one of the complainers. The trap mechanics did make some changes to the traps at the request of some top shooters from our state. And overall as the week of the state shoot and the PA grand the scores improved dramatically. I believe PSSA was going to have the traps serviced before the ZOne shoot in 2 weeks, to minimize any complaints. If that is successful I'm not sure what we'll all have to bitch about anymore!

Jeff G

4. Jim Brown (the puller)

Jim Brown (the puller) TS Member

Jeff,

This was the first year that I have seen a SuperStar pulled from a traphouse at Elysburg. When they were purchased, Shyda contacted three years of maintenance. Since that ended, has there been a maintenance contract, or have we simply been reactive to breakdowns?

As far as the doubles are concerned, there never was a time (even when brand new) that the pairs were consistent. I saw as much as half a foot movement left or right between consecutive pairs from day one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.