1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Any trouble with Guerini? (New gun arrived)

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Setterman, Jul 24, 2013.

1. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

I'm having a problem with Guerini on a warrantee issue. This has been going on for a year. It is not a small cost item.

Anyone else having issues?

2. kcbullets

kcbullets Member

I have a CG and have been shooting it for about a year and a half. no issues.

3. napawino

napawino TS Supporters TS Supporters

I own three CG shotguns. They are all Summit Sporting and I have had zero problems with them. I would buy them again with out any hesitation.
    Fred napawino

4. Dukefan

Dukefan K-80 Trap Special TS Supporters

Not a problem with my Maxum Trap Combo! Except I do not shoot the un-single as well as I shoot the O/U! Care to go into more detail on your issue?

5. claybrdr

claybrdr Well-Known Member

I've owned a half dozen and only had one real issue, that being a set of barrels not properly regulated. Talked to Wes Lang and the barrels were replaced no problem. Honestly, they have provided great customer service and better than most anyone except perhaps a tie with Krieghoff.

6. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

did u drop Gary Bryants name (dr. Longshot)?

7. Setterman

I would prefer to not air the details here till it's resolved, but it started as a barrel regulation problem

8. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

Setterman: I have owned 3 CG's. The current one has about 75 thousand rounds through it. Never had a problem and received 2 free pit stops at shoots. If you are having issues with your CG, I would suggest contacting Wes Lang directly at CG and talk with him. CG is very responsive to their customers. Good luck.

blade819

9. Baber

Baber TS Member

Hate to say it but you wold be better off finding another sucker and selling it and take what you get and buy a decent gun. I don't like CG's for a number of reasons. Go buy a Perazzi and be happy and stop fooling around with the issue.

T

10. Catching Chrome

Catching Chrome Member

Have had my CG for almost 2 years and fired around 20K through it. No issues, Plus took down to CG to have a barrel fitted they did it no problem and went over the entire gun.... Told me to bring it back after another 50K.....

Every manufacturer has problems.... I can say the same about krieghoff and even perazzi as well. For someone to say they are junk is ridiculous. I guess all krieghoffs are junk because one person had a problem.....

11. lboh

lboh Member

And what are those reasons T?

12. dead on 4

dead on 4 Well-Known Member

I'm assuming your three barrel set is a small gauge sporting package? I had a two barrel 20/28 X 32" barrel sporting that was dead on from barrel to barrel except for one choke that was low and to the right, but not by much. I don't use that choke, so for me it's not an issue.

If you haven't talked with Wes Lang, Guerini's North American President, I suggest you do, he's where the buck stops.

I've had several Guerini's and found them to be a well made product backed by great service and warranty program's. I sent my pre selector combo in for the upgrade and they went through the gun and sent it back like new.

Anyone who bad mouths Guerini's can't tell a quality product from a brick.

Surfer

13. GW22

GW22 Active Member

CC: But TBaber is right - many of them ARE junk. And CG isn't doing the right thing for their customers. Did you read what Setterman said about how long they've been dicking him around? His barrel regulation issue isn't an isolated anomaly and they have other issues too.

People are starting to wise-up and realize that CGs are a wannabe "high end" shotgun and, in many cases, the ACTUAL quality and reliability is shockingly poor. CG has done an amazing marketing job, and maybe they will eventually resolve some of their problems like Blaser did with those early POS F3s, but at this point CGs are not really a name-brand shotgun in my opinion.

-Gary

14. lboh

lboh Member

GW22

He hasn't given us any details of his "issue". How do we know in fact it is an issue Guerini should be responsible for or someone looking for something for free?

Unless you know for a fact what the issue is, you just assume it's their problem and you know what assuming does....

15. Setterman

Iboh, The final decision from Guerini is that they are going to replace the entire combo. It just took too long to make it happen.

If you want proof, PM me. But don't accuse me of "looking for something for free". In your own words "you know what assuming does...."

16. GW22

GW22 Active Member

LOL.

See - Setterman failed to do what CG wanted. He was supposed to lose patience, give up, and pawn that piece of crap off on some unsuspecting sucker. Some poor fool will probably end up buying it on Gunbroker after CG unloads it.

-Gary

17. dead on 4

dead on 4 Well-Known Member

GW22,
    You either have a short memory, live in denial or haven't been around shotgun's long enough to have witnessed problem's every shotgun manufacturer has experienced during their manufacturing careers. Not one major shotgun manufacturer has a problem free history. Not the P, K, B or any other, you name the brand.

So many of you tout one brand over another as being the best, overlooking ribs and side ribs coming loose or falling off, triggers that double or don't work, barrels that shoot in two different zip codes, split recivers,wood that cracks. The list goes on and on, it's part of manufacturing life. The quality of a Guerini or Perazzi are no different only their approach of what constitutes a clay target gun.

Get over your self, Chevies, Ford's, Toyota's even Rolex watches have problems.

Surfer

18. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

I've know a shooter or two, who have gone from Guerini to CZ, that should tell you something...

19. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I do not own a CG, but almost bought a Maxum whatever Trap combo ( had Gold birds on the sides) from one of the local shooters ...I met him and looked at the gun and shouldered it, it just didn't feel right after shooting Model 12's and Perazzi's for many years ... He told me to shoot it and told me how much I will love it then, I shot 3 shots out of it and it felt like it was coming apart in my hands and the barrels felt like they were going to fall off when I opened it ... I asked him why he was selling it and he said to be honest the thing is a piece of crap and he was going back to shooting his Perazzi ... I thanked him for being honest and told him I would pass on the deal ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

20. Singleshot

Singleshot Member

"The quality of a Guerini or Perazzi are no different......"

Now, that might be just a little bit of a stretch. :)