1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.

Any tricks on cleaning Crimson Trace Laser?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Remstar311, Apr 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Remstar311

Remstar311 Member

I have a Kimber Pro Crimson Carry II and I wish I could get that pesky laser back to a clean beam.

I ran about 150 shells through her and now that beam is dirty. I cleaned the gun with and oiled rag not with spray on oil to avoid beam contamination. It may still be oil or it may be powder residue.

I have used the two little swabs they include several times. I have used cotton swabs doused in windex followed by dry ones several times.

I can not get that oem, laser pointer type dot back.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Nick
  2. Robert Foster

Robert Foster TS Member

Try a little alcohol on a Q-tip.
  3. Remstar311

Remstar311 Member

Just tried the alcohol and q-tip x 6.

Nothing.
  4. Remstar311

Remstar311 Member

Just tried that a bunch of times. Nothing. Looks like a comet hurling towards earth, not a laser pointer as it should.
  5. straightshooter1

straightshooter1 Active Member

I'd call CT on Monday. Their Customer Service is top notch. I have no idea what may have happened, though I suppose something has damaged the lens. If alcohol on a Q-Tip won't cut it, I'd stop till I could talk to them.

I have three of the things on various guns and just bought a Kahr P380 today and will put one on Monday. Buying a Ruger LC9 with a CT already on it tomorrow. One was an impulse buy, the other was an impulse buy, too.

Bob
  6. cnsane

cnsane TS Member

If'n it's like our laser at Work then it sounds like it has become decollimated. Probably from recoil. Cleaning the protective lens will not re-focus it. Keep us posted on how their customer service treats your problem, please.
  7. slick50

slick50 Member

Try changing the battery. This is according to the paperwork that comes with the product.
  8. FalconSprint

FalconSprint TS Member

If you figure it out, please let us know. I have 3 of them with a halo around the dot. Cleaned them, changed batteries, nothing works so far.
  9. PJDiesel

PJDiesel TS Member

Mine got blotchy/hazy on my Ultra II (CT)Kimber, swapped the batteries out and it was good as new. For $4.00 it's worth a try (Ebay, cheap but brand name batteries)
  10. shoot em all

shoot em all Member

take the grips off gun and see if the adjustment is aiming laser at frame. it happened to me on a model 10 s&w. jim w.
  11. Remstar311

Remstar311 Member

Well I have since sent the gun back to Kimber. It's unfortunate that they tell me there isn't much they can do for the Crimson Trace besides make sure it turns on and off. That is kind of upsetting. I understand that the product they put on thier guns is from Crimson, but you would think they would be able to do something about it. I will be pretty upset not having a brand new 1200 pistol from 3-5 weeks because it ejects shells square into your forehead, then have to send the grip back to Crimson for even longer.

We will see.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.