1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Any Trap Clubs in/near Rochester New York?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by schutzemgud, May 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. schutzemgud

schutzemgud TS Member

I am looking for a Trap Club in the Rochester, New York area. Any help would be appreciated. I have a son who lives there and my grandson is there so what better excuse to go see him and also meet new people and shoot some trap.

Thanks in advance for any leads.

Best,

Mike Sudz

2. Rich219

Rich219 Active Member

There are a TON of clubs. Where around Rochester are you going to be specifically? Let me know and I can recommend some clubs for ya.

3. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

The highest concentration of gun clubs per square mile anywhere I've ever been, and quite possibly in the country.

4. Rich219

Rich219 Active Member

I would agree with the above statement. Rochester has a huge clay target culture.

5. schutzemgud

schutzemgud TS Member

WoW! jackpot. You have got to love TS.com

He lives near downtown Rochester as he is a fireman there. I will go with your recommendations.

Mike

6. Rich219

Rich219 Active Member

Check out this link, all of these clubs are within a short drive of the city.

http://www.livingstontrap.com/clubinformation.asp

7. Ron Burdick

Ron Burdick Active Member

There is a registered ATA shoot at Mt Morris Sportsman's club this weekend Sat/Sun. Thirty minutes south of Rochester.

From Sunny SC

Ron Burdick

8. mike campbell

mike campbell Active Member

A useful list for an out-of-towner might be hours of open trap shooting at various clubs which are otherwise memebers only. That info can be hard to come by except by word of mouth.

For instance, open trap is shot at Brockport on Mondays, 5:30-9:00 PM ($3.50), Holley on Thursdays, 5:30-9:00 PM ($3.50) and, so I've heard, Bergen on Tuesday and Sunday AM. Those are 20-30 minutes west of Rochester.

Anyone care to add others?

9. rem32lady

rem32lady Member

The Walworth Sportsman's Club has an ATA shoot at 5:00 PM on Friday 5/27/11.
    The Club is located 15 miles East of Rochester on Rt. 350 - 1/2 mile South of the end of rt. 286 - Atlantic ave/Browncroft Blvd. We will also be open for practice shooting on Saturday from 10 AM to 4 PM and on Sunday during the same hours. Practice is $3.50 a round for non-members - you will be welcome to join us.

Deb Vendel

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.