1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

ANY TIPS ON HOW RO RELIEVE LOWER BACK & LEG PAIN?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by senior smoke, Jun 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

HELLO:
    around a week ago i had to stand alot at work without sitting down for 8 to 10 hours per day for about a week. my lower back started hurting, as well as from the knee down to my ankle. i have been taking advil, helps for about an hour. pain gets so bad that i am severly limping. i went on a diet, hope that will help. anyone have any other advice on how to relieve this pain?
    steve balistreri

2. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

Find a good Chiropractor!

3. oletymer

oletymer Member

Try getting a pair of shoes with a lot of cushion in them. Also try Aleve instead of Advil, it lasts a lot longer. Your idea of weight loss will also help a lot.

4. Mr Newbius©

Mr Newbius© TS Member

GO SEE A DOCTOR INSTEAD OF TRYING TO GET MEDICAL ADVICE ON A TRAP SHOOTING WEBSITE AND I BET IF YOU ASK THE DOCTOR FOR SOME TRAPSHOOTING ADVICE HE MIGHT TELL YOU TO GO TO TS.COM AND ASK THEM.

5. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

Don't do anything. File for disability and contact a good workmen's comp lawyer.
    Quit trapshooting for a while because if they find out, it could hurt your claim.

6. Charlie Becknell

Charlie Becknell Well-Known Member

Mr. Newbius gave excellent advice. Pain in both legs needs a proper evaltuation.

Charlie Becknell

7. Mr Newbius©

Mr Newbius© TS Member

Ya know as another suggestion you could consider a self amputation just above the area of pain ... it might sting a little but at least the painful areas will be removed.

8. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

Get your self in shape. Take walks and exercise your abs to help support your back. Like you stated, your not used to being on your feet all day, it's going to hurt until you become conditioned.

Pills and doctors are overrated.

9. claytarget

claytarget TS Member

Steve if you would lose 100 pounds i think that would. If you would look at your self in a mirror you would know what i am trying to tell you. Your Friend Ron.

10. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

But their is no cure for chronic whineing.

11. DJM

DJM Member

Your lower spine has compressed discs. This is causing pressure on your cyatic nerve where it exits your spine. This manifests itself in pain along the cyatic nerve path, in this case your lower leg. Confirm this with a lower spine X-ray and an MRI. But then again I'm in the trucking business. Don

12. Mr Newbius©

Mr Newbius© TS Member

You could call another coworker some bad names and make some bad/rude remarks and then be in the position to once again have to find another job and this time you could find a job that would not require you to stand for long periods of time.

13. kolar12

kolar12 Member

Take a laxative. Or better yet, do everything right handed.

14. Mr Newbius©

Mr Newbius© TS Member

Kolar12 ... those are only valid suggestions only when the problems are not corrected after the purchase of a new pair of shoes, preferably a left and right shoe worn on the proper foot and no high spiked heals but a low pump type heal.

15. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

Midol. For your more sensitive times of the month.

16. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Find somebody that stayed at an "Holiday Inn Express" last night. They would have the answers. As a matter of fact they would have the answers for the next 50 questions you are going to ask on this site.

Don

17. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

Being too fat is never a good thing. However, your pain is nothing more than your "standing" muscles being out of shape. As a runner, I can go out and run 7 miles in less than an hour without my legs feeling tired. However, put me on a trade show foor for a couple of hours and my feet, legs and lower back are killing me. After 3 days on the show foor, no problem as my "standing" muscles have become conditioned.

18. shark1

shark1 Member

Steve You can call me Mike Sharkey, DC I am board certified in chiropractic and physiotherapy. My clinic is in VA (757) 787-3111, COASTAL CHIROPRACTIC AND PHYSIOTHERAPY, ACCOMAC VA. If you are not close then I might be able to help you find some body. There is help for you, with out paying with your next of kin. I register ata. My home is in Delaware.

19. ray 4n6

ray 4n6 TS Member

Take it from someone who is going through the same exact thing right now, find a doctor, preferably on orthopedic surgeon who will order and MRI and x-rays. If after the x-rays he feels that you would benefit from physical therapy or a chiropractor then by all means go for it. Nothing worked for me including chiropractics(made it worse), 2 rounds of physical therapy(made it ALOT worse)and 3 epidurals(helped for a short time). I am now awaiting back surgery(X-stop implant)and haven't shot a round of 25 in over a year.

20. Mr Newbius©

Mr Newbius© TS Member

Your welcome Jerry but I thought shannon391's was better.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.