1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Any tips here to loose stomach weight?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by smsnyder, Apr 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

Yep decided NOT to eat my way to AAA class shooting. Any suggestions to lose belly weight? I don't drink and gained 75 lbs by quite smoking. Im trying a no carb diet. I am 6 foot tall and weight 275 lbs. Excerize is out of the question due to bad hip and foot. Thanks

2. Oregunner

Oregunner Well-Known Member

There is no way to specifically lose belly fat. That is just where your body stores it's excess fat. To lose weight you need to take in less calories than you burn. Eat healthy food in smaller portions and exercise. It's a lifestyle change, not a diet. It takes hard work and will power. Good for you for stopping the smoking. Change your eating habits and find some form of exercise that you will stick with. (I walk. A heart attack got my attention, and I have lost 20 pounds and have kept it off.) Mark

3. EEB

EEB Member

Weight Watchers for men online. Worked for me.

4. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Earl, that's caused by elbowitis, everytime your elbow bends, the mouth flys open. It all adds up! :)

Hap

5. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

The no carb diet works, but it is a slow process. I started a month ago, and lost 17 pounds. I was really good the first week, when I lost 5 lbs. Then I would pick one day that I would eat some lower carb foods. That slowed the process some. The key is to eat meats and fresh vegetables cooked in olive oil. After a while it tastes pretty good, and you really do not miss the noodles, rice, potatoes, white bread, ETC. The key is to add various seasonings to the vegetables to give it different flavors. I do have some rye bread on my one day of eating badly, usually toast with my bacon or sausage, and eggs in the morning. So far I have done this with minimal extra effort, as far as physical.

The main thing you have to watch is your cholesterol levels. If you have high cholesterol, you may want to talk to a doctor about this diet, as it raises the level sometimes dangerously, through the insulin changes in your body.

Good luck! Just remember to not weigh yourself every day, or you will get discouraged. It is a long process. Seeing as you want to lose weight in the mid section you can always do some exercising with your upper body, that do not require the stress on the hips, and legs. Every little bit will help.

6. BuddyTrapChamp

BuddyTrapChamp Member

Dont Drink Soda Walk alot got for long walks when you go to wal mart park far away in the weather is cool

7. GBatch_25

GBatch_25 Active Member

Follow a diet that will limit your calorie intake BUT ALSO will give your body the nutrients it needs. Fad diets are generally no good in the nutrient department. I've been blessed not to have a weight problem, but members of my family have had problems. Weight Watchers is a good one; perhaps Jenny Craig.

Remember every diet can work IF the person sticks to it. Just watch the nutrients - you don't want to deprive your body of what it needs just to lose weight.

It's not easy and it's not fast. BUT, you can do it. If you quit smoking then we know you have the will power.

Good luck.

Gene in Illinois

8. sharhope

sharhope Member

I was 20lb over my weight as a 20 year old. Have lost this following the wheat belly diet. I don't eat any bread or wheat products. Recommend the book by cardiologist called Wheat Belly.

9. Shootrman

Shootrman Member

Being envolved in wrestling and having to loose weight, this is what worked best for me. Drink 8-10 glasses of water/day. Always drink a full glass before you eat a meal. One piece of honey/bread/day. Low carbs. Eat as much veg. As you want. Never eat a piece of meat larger than the palm of your hand. It's away of life and not a quick fix

10. trapshootin hippie

trapshootin hippie Well-Known Member

SEX, and LOTS of it.

GneJ

11. Jerry944t

Jerry944t Well-Known Member

Can't exercise. Poor excuse. Get in a pool and swim. Also go on the LFIM diet. It's the only one that works for a lifetime.

LFIM = Less Food In Mouth.

12. bkt514

bkt514 Active Member

Have your primary care physician recommend a professional Dietician. Go see that person and stick to the diet that is recommended. You will be surprised what might transpire.

13. slayer

slayer Well-Known Member

Sugar, sweets...You cut out ALL kinds of refined sugar and you will get smaller. Yes, that includes coca cola. Pop is the worst. Bill

14. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Whatever you put on your plate eat half of it and come back in two hours and eat the other half. Never eat a full portion, always eat half and come back later to finnish it. This method will shrink the size of your stomach over time and you will consume less and loose weight. HMB

15. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

You'll keep gaining weight no matter what you eat as long as the calories you take in exceed the calories you burn. White fat (fat around the internal organs) is very hard to lose. There is no secret and no diet alone that will do it. Analyze what you eat and get rid of excess refined sugars (high fructose corn syrup is in tons of stuff you'd never expect to contain it), white flour and salt to start with. Your daily activity has to go up...not just exercise but a overall increase in physical activity (walk more, stand more etc.) Increase the amount of fiber in you diet; more vegetables, fish, less red meat.

Good general advise here: <I>How to Burn White Fat From The Stomach</I>

Keller

16. Jim R

Jim R Ljutic Nut TS Supporters

It is very simple, "If it tastes good, spit it out". Wish I could do it myself.

17. FlaLagarto

FlaLagarto Well-Known Member

Earl,

Been there done that.. no easy way. No carbs is one way.. portion control is a major factor.

Bottom line is you have to burn more then you eat.. OK, so you have a bad hip and foot.. .like stated above, get in the pool!

One of the best things I did was get out of the desk chair in front of the computer. I now sit on one of the big exercise balls.. it helps strengthen the core muscles.

18. Crunch

Crunch Member

Lose the sugar and carbs......same as above. Exercise a little more helps keep you dedicated to the diet changes. White bread, desserts, candy, white rice, potato's, pancakes, etc. have to be severely reduced. Granulated white sugar, jams, jellies and syrups are the worst for me. They spike blood sugar until my brain goes cloudy and I get uncontrollably sleepy. Sugar is like a sleeping pill, I had to drop that. Most days I don't miss it.

19. Hank Cross

Hank Cross Member

Earl,

If you feel like it, send me a PM. I was a patient and friend of Dr. Atkins many years ago and have recently used a system which really went after the belly fat.

Best,

Dr. Hank Cross

20. BigBadBob

BigBadBob TS Member

Try the "17 Day Diet" it works for me. I am 6'2" and wieghed 319# when I started the plan. I lost 42 # after 45 days and have managed to keep it off. I also went from regular Mountain Dew to the Diet and that helped also.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.