1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

any tips for this on going problem

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by JRD, Mar 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JRD

JRD TS Member

Have someone lock the trap for you and shoot the day light out of the hard right targets from all posts. Have someone watch you shoot them as well. Are you not swinging through your shot enough?

2. larryjk

larryjk Member

Hard rights from 1 and 2 are almost straightaways. Are you raising your head to admire your work? That is the most common cause for missing a straightaway. How do you do on straightaways from station 3!

3. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Probably what Larry said. Would help if you'd post a video of your shooting stance and style for us to evaluate potential problems.

Jim

4. washandwear

washandwear Member

Being a lefty and having had the problem which I solved by lowering my hold and moving the hold inside the left corner to where the hard left comes up out of the house. This allows me (assuming a soft focus) to see the hard right in my peripheral vision enabling me to move over up and through the target. Before I was holding on the corner and focusing too narrow which caused me not to see the target early resulting in rushing my swing crossing the hard right instead of up and through the target.

Maybe more than two cents but not much.

5. Rollin Oswald

Rollin Oswald Well-Known Member

I believe Larry is on the right track. The problem seems most likely to be caused by raising the head or snap shooting at near straightaways.

Rollin

6. phirel

phirel TS Member

You need someone who really knows trapshooting to watch you, or when you miss or lightly hit a target, you can stop and figure out what you did. Most likely you are making a fundamental mistake such as not keeping your head on the stock or swinging with your arms and not your whole body. When you hit a target well, remember what things looked and felt like. When you miss a target, figure out what was different.

First figure out what you are doing, then work on correcting the problem. Do not try to correct the problem by changing gun mount, hold position etc. until you know what the problem is.

Pat Ireland

7. smiley-1

smiley-1 TS Member

move your right foot 1 step to the left

8. vdt

vdt Active Member

make sure you do not cross over target allways shoot inside a right from post one and inside from post 5

9. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

If the trap is set to ATA angles, there is no right angles from station 1. All targets from 1 require left lead. Same thing for station 5, all right hand targets from there, all require lead to the right side. Hap

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.