1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Any Stevens/savage guru's here ????

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by maclellan1911, Feb 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

Any Stevens/savage guru

I have 2 Stevens/savage 311h 12g and 311c 20g. How do I find out how old they are. I recently recieved my C&R03 license. I now have to enter any and all C&R or 50+ year old firearms that I aquire while I have a valid C&R regardless if obtained with/whith out C&R license. I will be the legal owner of these Tueday. I want to know if these are 50 years old? The 20g has no serial# unless its under the wood? they are where used for hunting. They function fine but are 80% at best.

2. ouch

ouch Member

John T. Callahan

53 Old Quarry Road

Westfield,MA 01085

413-568-2084 Monday -Thursday,6:pm-8pm est

He is a "private" historian of Savage,Stevens,Fox ect. firearms.

It has been a long time since I contacted him,But he can help you. Richard

3. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

All I could find was made by Stevens, Savage, Fox and Springfield between 1877 and 1988. HMB

4. FalconSprint

FalconSprint TS Member

Do either have a hollow plastic like stock and forearm, what used to be called Bakelite or somthing like that. If so they were made around 1941, as most wood was going into for military guns. I have 2 of these, no serial numbers either, best I could track them down was 1941-43 era. Great shooters, nice and light to carry.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.