1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Any space guns out there?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by todddietrich, Jan 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. todddietrich

todddietrich Active Member

My 16 yr old is facinated by the Ljutic Space Gun. Are there any shooters still using them? We saw one at the Grand a few years ago, but they wouldn't let him try it.

regards,

Todd

2. WIN12 MAN

WIN12 MAN TS Member

Todd,
    I own 2 Ljutic Space guns <> reg. bolt gun and Ljutic Selka...
    shoot both ..

Whats your questions ?
    Win

3. Doubles Xpert

Doubles Xpert Member

I have one, I'm on California though... I would let him try it out..

4. Carl Chadwell

Carl Chadwell TS Member

I have a one of a kind...that I'm getting ready to part with. If anyone is interested, please send me a private message. Thank you.

peace.

5. todddietrich

Win,
    I guess my questions are, are they adjustable for drop at comb and length? I can see how you would adjust point of aim, or do you just adjust the rib? My other question, do you use a standard break down case?

regards,

Todd

6. BT-100dc

BT-100dc Active Member

Hey, Carl: you know that will be illegal as it has a pistol grip and may be classified as an assault weapon along with a BT-100 with a thumbhole stock? Might want to sell it before it's on the illegal gun list. Good luck. BT100dc

7. Carl Chadwell

Carl Chadwell TS Member

BT100dc,

Good morning...Then every Space Gun ever made will be on that list. Kind of makes me want to keep it...? Maybe it's the rebel in me. =)

For some reason the phrase: From my cold dead hands...comes to mind.

peace.

Carl

8. BT-100dc

BT-100dc Active Member

Good post, Carl. You know the list was presented by Feinstein, not to be confused with Einstein. You're right, every Spacegun will be on the list. I'm sure that's what Al thought when he designed it. If you really want to be unique, paint it all black and it will really be feared. Good luck with your sell. BT100dc

9. Carl Chadwell

Carl Chadwell TS Member

I'd like to thank everyone who inquired on my space gun.

***UPDATE***: It has found a new home.

peace.

10. elinvar

elinvar Member

Todd
    They are difficult to break down- you have to remove screws and take unscrew the barrel- not easy- I leave mine together all the time
    the ribs came in different heights for different poi and were removed by roll pins- there is a number on the underside- I have nver seen one adj for length but many have an adj butt plate.

Terry

11. todddietrich

Thanks Terry,
    It sounds like they were never designed as a one size fits all trap gun, not that it is an issue. With todays erector sets, it would definitely keep you from adjusting yourself crazy. My 16 yr old is 6'1" and hopefully will slow down growing soon. Just my opinion as I have never owned one, but I think the Ljutics were designed by folks with a passion for shooting and maybe not for mass marketing.

regards,

Todd

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.